i. tragedy is like a loaded gun

chapter onetragedy is like a loaded gun

chapter one
tragedy is like a loaded gun

🕐

            Tragedy is like a loaded gun

            Tragedy is like a loaded gun. It was ready to shoot you at any moment possible. Honestly , it was a scary thing. Tragedy came in a lot of different shapes and sizes ; you may never know it happened at all. Some have highly toxic lives, and others just ended up being just like their parents. Emily "Emmy" Routledge experienced tragedy in a lot of different ways , and it happened constantly.

            But in some sort of twisted way , it never happened to her directly. It was always someone else around her that had to suffer. But in the end , Emmy was the one crying into her pillow. She would do anything to help these people , and stop their suffering ; she would even trade her life for theirs. Sadly , the world didn't work that way. The world was a brutal mind field , that caused harm and death.

          You couldn't change the world , nobody could. The world constantly ran in a circle for no reason at all. We can't stop it. We can't stop anything. All we can do , is hope for the best ; we'll need it.

          Emily Routledge walked down the elongated white and bright hospital hallways. She wanted to know what happened. She wanted to know what happened to her dear mother. It had all gone down so quickly , Emmy could hardly keep up. All she knew was that something had happened : something bad. Emily was at her friend Meg's house , when she got a call from her father . . . he sounded sad.

          He sounded broken. She had never heard her father like this : it worried her. But it hurt her more to know that she wasn't there. Maybe she could've stopped it. She could've prevented whatever had happened to her. Actually , maybe not. Emmy didn't know what happened to her mother.

           It was a really scary feeling ; the feeling of uncertainty. She didn't know what happened , nor if she would be okay. If her mother was going to be okay , Emily wanted them to look back and laugh on this horrible situation. That would make both of them so happy. Seeing her mother alive and well would make Emmy so happy. Then an idea popped into the thirteen year old's head. At the time , it seemed like a good idea ; soon enough , she would regret it.