iii. keggers are the root of all evil

chapter threekeggers are the root of all evil🕐

chapter three
keggers are the root of all evil
🕐

           Emily Routledge hated hospitals - the fluorescent lights , the strong smell of bleach , the sounds of squeaking wheelchairs and clanks of keyboards

Emily Routledge hated hospitals - the fluorescent lights , the strong smell of bleach , the sounds of squeaking wheelchairs and clanks of keyboards. It was awful. It reminded her of the many she had lost ; her aunts and cousins , her mom. So coming back her to see her precious Aubrey Goble , she was like a sister to the Routledge girl. Aubrey had always seemed to be able to cheer up Emily , and it made sense since she cheered for a competitive team.

She trusted Aubrey with her life.

Walking through the hospital walls to see Aubrey was hard for Emily. But she was so thankful that she was okay , breathing , conscious , alive. Maybe Yahweh had finally answered all of her prayers to give her a better life - not only for herself , but for everybody she cared for. Even though the infirmary brought her bad memories , she walked with a smile on her face - Aubrey was gonna be okay.

"Why you over here cheesing lil' girl?" Tania laughed , looking over at her foster daughter - smiling harder than ever as they walked up the clinical's stairs. "Nothing , I'm just glad she's ok, " the Routledge girl answered , grabbing onto the railings as she walks up the rigid stairs.

Room number 246. Room number 246. The room that her valuable foster sister was in , she had texted Tania all of the details of where to find her. Emily made sure she remembered that number , 246. Suddenly , she felt a buzz in her pocket - a notification. She pulled out her phone from her dense pockets , that were basically holding on by the seam , as she walked onto the tiles of the second floor.

' hey , are you good ? '

Emily was appalled , looking down at her tightly wrapped knee - blood staining the white tee that her cousin had given to her. It couldn't be one of them texting her , she blocked every single one of them ; she didn't want them to ever contact her again. They seemed to give her pain , unnecessary pain she already had - she didn't need more , she couldn't have more. ' who is this.'