Chapter 18-One Week Later

A week later

I confess that the week went by very quickly, but it was the best week we had in a long time. In the morning it was training, but after lunch we enjoyed as much as we could, because it will be my last week. After that episode I got stronger and more confident, I suppose they were right I wasn't to blame for what happened. If I want to end all of this I have to stop focusing on my anger and focus on them, my family, because I was doing all this for them, I suppose my mom is right, and I'm just like my dad, who when something goes wrong, I always blame myself...

Thursday

I was sitting looking at the moon, one of the things I always liked, because in all the chaos we were experiencing, the beauty of the moon was the only thing that didn't change, I often stayed for hours, sometimes all night just looking for her.

Barry: beautiful, right? — My father said approaching — Apparently you also like to watch the moon.

Natali: yes, it helps me think.

Barry: my mother... your grandmother, she also loved to look at the moon, I remember when I was little, my parents loved to go to the front of the house, sit and admire the beauty drinking a wine, their favorite...— my Dad said looking at me after the moon — I remember that I always wanted to have a wedding as beautiful as theirs.

Natali: Well a little spoiler of the future you will have. — I said and my dad smiled — you and mom are perfect together, sometimes you argue about stupid things but it doesn't take long to make up, but if you want to see mom mad, just use speed with her without warning. -I spoke and my father laughed — but don't worry, you'll have what you always dreamed of, a family and a wife that you love more than anything. — he smiled — as Clary always says: an epic love.

Barry: I never thought my best friend would be the mother of my children, but you know, I can't imagine my future with someone else...— he admitted making me smile — you're very, very young and maybe in 20 years or more, be your time to build your family.— my father spoke and I gave a little laugh.

Natali: I believe I won't have that opportunity, Dad...— I spoke without looking away from the moon. — My life is very confused and hectic, I don't know if I'll have the opportunity to have children or to get married. — I said discouraged.

Barry: Why do I feel like you're saying for sure it won't happen? — he asked but I just kept quiet — you know it's my fault this whole thing — he said, drawing my attention to him — maybe if I had stopped being the Flash, you wouldn't pass any of this.

Natali: You know I already thought that, when I was 14 I was always angry at you, I believed that you would rather save others than stay safe, stay with us

Barry: And what made you change your mind?

Natali: you — I said smiling at him — one day I was in the lab, and I was already a little irritated when the alarm went off and it showed that the Central City bank was in danger, it was a hostage robbery, I said "great, go run to the danger again". You weren't supposed to hear it, but you heard it, so you got a mask and a jacket you asked me to wear and said you'd show me why you did all that. I didn't understand anymore I agreed, when we got there you told me to solve it, they were just robbers and I was faster than the bullets. It was fast and when I finished everyone started to applaud, I got mad and said "Is that why you risk your whole life, day, so they love you more?" you calmly denied it and told me to look back, that's when I saw a little girl about 6 years old run to her father along with his wife, he said something and the little girl turned and came to me. She looked at me and said that if it weren't for me, she would have lost her father, she thanked me and went back to her parents, so you said that's why you did all this, to prevent families from being destroyed, you said that if we had those powers it was for some reason. After that day, I stopped being mad at you. — I said and he laughed — the point is that you were right, if we have these powers, we have to do our best.