worry ✧ errormare

In which Error retreats to Nightmare's house after an ambush... only to find it deserted.

as requested by ErrormareFan

Error rushed through the hall for the fifth time, clutching his bleeding arm as if his life depended on it. At this moment in time, it quite literally did; he could feel his consciousness draining with every step he took.

But he wasn't concerned about his arm at all. Error had this kind of thing happen to him almost every day. The wound barely even stung.

Error was more concerned that, after what seemed like hours of running, there was no trace of Nightmare or his gang anywhere in the castle.

(And this was a big castle.)

Error had checked every room, every corner, every crack in the wall for a sign of the ones he treasured so dearly, but there wasn't a speck of dust leading to their direction anywhere. And so, he was back to where he started, the drops of marrow he had shed on the floor still fresh and untampered.

The glitch collapsed with a groan onto a nearby wall, hissing as he felt his wounds scrape and tear against the surfaces. Where had they all gone? Surely Ink didn't send his 'friends' to go ambush them too?

...actually, maybe that was asking too much of him. But wasn't this place sheltered? How could Ink have found them?

Error used what little strength he had left to look around. There weren't any portals left open, nor out-of-place puddles of paint lying around. Realising this, he let out a long sigh of relief. So it clearly couldn't have been Ink... thank goodness.

The glitch closed his eyes, imagining his dear Nightmare's smiling face. Even just the thought of him made all the stinging fade away, as if it had already been healed.

Error stayed sitting in this exact same spot for a few moments, with thoughts of Nightmare in his head and blood streaming out of his body, before he finally passed out into a partially peaceful slumber.

The only worry in the destroyer's mind was that Nightmare was okay.

Error awoke the next morning to Nightmare's worried expression by his bedside. When had he ended up in a bed? And when had Nightmare gotten there? Perhaps all this had happened after he had passed out, but it didn't matter. At the very least, Nightmare was okay.

"Darling, are you alright?" Nightmare asked quietly, putting down the novel he had been reading earlier. "We found you all mangled and bloody in the hallway."

Error gave his lover a gentle grin. "I'm better, now that you're here."

"Serious answer, Error."

Error chuckled. "My arm hurts a bit."

Nightmare gestured for Error to hold out his arm, and he obliged. "Where does it hurt, dear?" Error pointed, and Nightmare took out some healing gel, unscrewed the cap and rubbed it on the cut Error had gestured to.

The two stayed like this for a while, then Error asked the question that had been bothering him since yesterday. "Where were you guys?"

Nightmare gave a huff of laughter, then responded. "We were out looking for you."

"Heh, were you now?"

"Mhm. I sensed you were in trouble and sent the whole gang out to help you. Good thing we didn't get caught... bad thing we found you injured up here when we got back."

As he said this, Nightmare screwed the lid back onto the healing gel, and Error sat up. "Thanks, honey," he said, preparing to go back to the void he so despised. "I should probably be going -- "

"Not so fast," Nightmare declared, blocking Error with a tentacle. "You lost a lot of energy teleporting here and looking for us, so you're staying here to rest up. Understood?"

"Understood, sir," Error chuckled, and he lay back down, letting Nightmare pat him on the head gently. Once he was nice and snug in the sheets again, Nightmare picked up the novel he had previously put down, scooted beside him, and let him read along.

He couldn't imagine himself asking for a better mate.

here i am again,,,, procrastinating like i always do,,,,,,,,,,,,,
this is way too short to have taken this long to write and i'm almost convinced that this is completely inaccurate to fgod error, really sorry about that
nonetheless i hope you enjoyed this, and when i get another angst request i'll try a little harder to get it out on time (with better quality)
thank you for the request!

✧ word count: 688 (ex. author's notes) ✧