Puzzles? Aw come on!

(author here, hi again)

YOUR POV.

After hiding in that now leaning you-shaped lamp, this so-called "Chara" had finally left, just leaving you and Asriel behind. He beckons you over, and of course, you approach him curious about what he wants of you. After a bit of meaningless small talk, probably just to get your mind off of the girl, he definitely read you like a book. And soon enough, he says,

"ain't my sister just the best? i mean- she just does everything for me without question, probably the best sibling you could ask for!"

Confused as the sudden complementary statements you shrugged, barely knowing them. While you definitely were infatuated with them, you didn't want to seem obsessive. So you kept quiet, or just shrugged as you didn't know. Which seemed to actually have Asriel gain some respect for you, seeing that he already knew you liked her. Just as you thought you were off the hook, he cuts in again. This time with a much more threatening tone,

"alright, i'll cut the crap. i know you like her."

You cut him off defensively,

"W-what?! N- No! That can't be, I haven't even met her!!"

"mhm, that explains you looking over the lamp for a closer look? haha!"

"Okay fine fine! You caught me! Big bad boy has a crush so what?"

"first off, no need to get defensive, i suggest slowing your goddamn roll before someone's finished speaking kid. i'll cutcha a break this one time though since you're cool and all. i'll be happy to help you set you up with my sis, however.."

Your expression brightened up a lot, not exactly being your highest moment either. He smiles, his tone getting much more casual and less threatening,

"knew that would calm things down. anyway, that one thing, you hurt her and ill be personally casting you into the fire, got it kid?"

You feverishly nodded at the sudden confrontation. But you weren't fazed by it at all, something inside you clicked.. something TOLD you you had to have her. No matter what anybody said, however this voice.. this voice wasn't yours, it sounded much more childlike and innocent. Creepy. Moving on. Asriel just pats you on the shoulder, smiled, and gave a thumbs up giving his admirations to how fast you could nod your head and set you off. Poofing out of existence as he teleported to who knows where.

After a few seconds of silence, you turned back to the trail and continued walking. Several of those "save points" lie across your path as you continue your trek through snowdin forest. And after a few hours, your time and effort came with rewards! As the tag-team duo that was Chara and Asriel stood in your way. Asriel kept his normal expression and Chara kept her usual energetic stance. Chara stood high and mighty, a cocky pose as she puffed her chest out, and her hands on her hips as she finally pointed at you, after a small break of staring at a rock and asking if it was a human. Soon after Chara finally make her remarks to you, almost as if she had been practicing it waiting for someone to mosey around and fall,

"HUMAN!! THIS IS WHERE YOUR JOURNEY ENDS! TODAY, I, THE GRANDIOUS CHARA SHALL DEFEAT YOU IN AN EPIC BATTLE!! BUT FIRST. I MUST CHALLENGE YOUR WITS, SO I HAVE PLACED A VERY CHALLENGING PUZZLE ON THE GROUND HERE!"

You cautiously walked up to the slip of paper that sat on the ground, it looked to be a newspaper clipping with a crossword puzzle, aptly named "Junior Jumble". Mostly as it looked like someone without a brain could probably do it. But you see.. that's what they want you to think! It's actually a mix of extremely hard and convoluted puzzles, leading to one thing. The meaning of life of course! What is it? Well of course it's writing two-syllable words on a piece of paper of course! Anywho, as you stared at the piece of paper. Almost dazed on what exactly it could mean, Chara had seemed to have a look of pride, and Asriel just snickering at the sight of you staring at a kid's crossword puzzle. Your thoughts finally settling in, Chara cuts before you can say anything.

"SEE ASRIEL! OBVIOUSLY, THIS PERSON IS OF HIGHER INTELLECT. JUNIOR JUMBLE IS THE CLEAR WINNER HERE. AND ALL THAT QUADRATIC SCIENCE CRAP CLEARLY SHRIVELS AWAY AT THE SHEER DIFFICULTY! TAKE THAT!"

Before Asriel could even think about responding, she already left. Probably setting up yet another puzzle, and Asriel soon left after for her. Just leaving yourself and your thoughts, continuing to walk around aimlessly, or just more toward the only beaten path. The scenery was certainly something to note, endless pine trees would fill the landscape below. A beautiful sight to behold! You could almost get lost in.. wait where am I?

(im so lazy lol, expect a new chapter sooner or later)

(more edits done, new chapter sometime soon, expect a semi-important announcement there)