Chapter 8 - run

I began to feel sleepy, Owens warmth felt comforting. I could feel his chest expand with each breath he took. My hands slithered up and down his chest, feeling each curve and tendon as it flexed. "You having fun there?" Owens head turned to face me, a small smirk appeared on his lips. My face flushed red, as I quickly removed my hands off his chest.

"Hey! Hold on!!" Owen shouted before a tree stump crashed into his front tire.

...

"Hey, Bella , wake up!" Owen called my name, we was laying on top of me. His knee in between my legs, the other to my side. Hovering over me, I could feel hit hot breath clash with mine. "Dammit..." He muttered, staring intensely at my form as if thinking of what to do.

My eyes crept open to see Owens lips dive for mine. My body started to react as he exhaled in my mouth, his steamy breath filling my lungs. I started to twitch from the contact, feeling his desperation.

He released his hold of me, ready to repeat his action before he saw me staring at him. My eyes were wide from the touch. Owen saw my awakened form and jumped for a hug, wrapping his muscular arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

He hung his head in the crevice of my neck, I was bewildered. Why is he acting like this? Owen started to tremble, he tightened his grip, brushing his lips against my ear, "when I count to three I want you to run as far as you can..."

Hissss

I slowly turned around to see Zephre standing three metres from us. Iris' slit like knives, his eyes swirled with anger and hatred. I became frightened, his gaze was that of a murderer, no mercy or empathy...

Zephre crept towards us, Owen soon spoke, "ready?" I nodded my head slightly.

"one..."

"Two..."

"THREE"

Owen released me, allowing me to run in the opposite direction. Zephre screeched as he jumped towards Owen. His claws dug into his shirt, tearing the rim. Owen grabbed a stick and shoved it in his eye.

Zephre roared as he attempted to pull it out. Owen dug into his pocket, pulling out a 3 inch pocket knife. Zephre dodged his attack and dove his jaws into Owens arm. He bellowed in pain.

I stopped in my tracks, looking back to see if Owen was alright, I could see his arm was jammed in jaws of serrated teeth. Owen called out to me, "Don't worry about me! Keep going and never stop!" I soon saw Owens skin rip off in shredded slits.

I screamed out, "OWEN!" Zephre stopped, twisting his head to face mine. His mouth opened slightly, revealing the crimson blood stayed on his jaws. I stumbled back, and began to sprint into the forest.

It's your fault.

He's hurt because of you.

He is dead because of you.

Tears filled my eyes as my emotions flooded me. I kept running into the forest, jumping over minor twigs and stones. The moon shone against my hair, reavealing streaks of gold. My orbs reflecting the moons light, as salty tears slid down my cheeks, staining my face.

I looked behind to see if Zephre followed me. A root appeared before my shoes as I tripped, spraining my ankle. I gripped my joint as it thumped with fuming pain. My hair fell across my view as tears flowed down my cheeks.

I felt a gust of air behind me, before I could react Zephre's jaws encased my neck.

Everything seems so familiar

running into the forest

tripping over a root

getting caught by Zephre...

I came to the realisation that I had been in the same situation, and that I would grab a rock and hit him. Then I died... mabey if I did something different than what I did previously...I will survive...

I twitched as his tongue slithered up my neck, his heat encasing my flesh. I slowly raised my hand. He growled from my movement, tightening his grip around my neck. I flinched from the pain.

I slowly crept my hand towards his neck, he began to growl and tightened his grip more. I could feel my face turn red from lack of oxygen.

My hand touched his skin, stroking his neck up and down, in hope to stop his madness. I could smell the stench of blood course through my body. He must have killed the guards and a few scientists...

Tears began to pour down my face as I lost vision.

No...

Please...

I don't want to die just yet..