Chapter VI: Steamy Reunion (18+)

(A/N: Quick author's note, there will be a "steamy" scene in this chapter, there will be a warning before and after it, similar to these so you can skip it if you so please. It's my first smut/lemon, so don't expect much of it if you'll read it. Enjoy the chapter.)

----------AVENGERS TOWER----------

The day had been relatively normal in the Avengers tower. Bruce and Tony were inside the lab, currently working on a prototype weapon, Clint was in the archery room; he was practicing a few prototype arrows he had designed, Thor was off eating pop-tarts somewhere in the base, Natasha was in the training room, and Steve was with (Y/N), currently escorting him towards the tower he'd reside in from now on.

(Y/N) was more than excited and terrified at the same time. He never imagined being part of something of this magnitude, which is also a cause for the major good.

Nick had called the team for an urgent meeting upon (Y/N)'s arrival at the tower. All that the team knew at the time was that they were soon to meet the Specter in person, though that was all they were informed of.

Clint was mostly just hoping Natasha would not be negatively impacted by the said reveal. He was the only Avenger who knew about her past, though some details - like her history with (Y/N) - were kept a secret. Clint just hoped whoever the Specter was would not try hurting her in any way.

Tony was interested mostly in his technology, more specifically his suit. He was amused by his cloaking technology, his wrist blades, holograms, and practically every other function his suit had.

Thor had heard of the great and mighty warrior the Specter was. He had heard all sorts of tales of the man, from him taking down countless villains - ones that S.H.I.E.L.D. had struggled to defeat - effortlessly, the time he destroyed a whole base completely unarmed, and even witnessing for himself the massacred chitauri left behind from his slaughter.

Bruce was interested more in his physical aspects. (A/N: It's not what you think it is, I swear) He knew the man was incredibly strong, strong enough to overpower the hulk with his bare hands, strong enough to withstand a blast of otherworldly energy, strong enough to kill a man with a single punch.

Steve was curious for the most part of his past. From the few days he had known (Y/N) personally, he figured that the man was incredibly secretive and would reveal very little about his past. He was hoping to be able to pry out more information but kept quiet as a means to be respectful.

Natasha was practically desperate to know who the Specter was. She knew Nick, Maria, and Steve knew as they were the only ones to see his face and meet him in person. No matter how much she begged Steve, the man wouldn't budge and kept his mouth shut. She saw the reports and footage of his mission and she did have to admit she was impressed.

They stood in silence, all lost in thought for what felt like forever before Steve barged into the conference room and smiled brightly at the team.

Steve: Well... I think we all know why we're here, right?

A few members nodded whilst the rest stayed silent, including Natasha.

Steve: It took a few months, but we contacted and recruited the Specter for the team. So, uh- wait where is he?

Rogers looked around the room for any sign of the Specter to no avail.

Specter: On your left.

The man uncloaked himself next to Steve, causing him to jump back slightly. His voice lacked that robotic accent his suit gave, which in turn made it seem much more human and familiar.