➶ 17 ➶

"have you and mark talked together since... your argument...?" donghyuck asked.

"no. we didn't."

jeno and him were in a café together.

it had been one week since jeno and mark's argument.

and apparently the two boys hadn't spoken.

donghyuck had continued to hang out with jeno – as mark had requested it – and he also often crossed paths with mark.

they never ended up talking for long minutes, but they always gave each other little smiles.

at first, it was something hard to do for mark, but by now, seeing donghyuck smile to him was enough to make him forget about the fact that this boy was kind of stealing his boyfriend.

"i don't know how you don't crack..." donghyuck sighed, taking a sip of his ice americano.

"why?"

"well... if i had a boyfriend, i'd spend my whole days with him." donghyuck explained.

"that's what mark and i used to do."

"why don't you go back to him then?" donghyuck questioned.

"i don't know..." jeno answered.

he never really thought about it.

sure, sometimes, he wondered if having a talk with mark wouldn't be better.

but he never actually got to see him during this past week.

and he never bothered to understand why.

but this was a good question.

jeno wasn't doubting his feelings.

he loved mark.

he was sure of it.

he knew it.

and he also knew that mark loved him.

there was no doubt about those things.

but jeno admits that his feelings were weird at the moment.

and they were weird around donghyuck.

it seemed like donghyuck had an important place in his heart.

his bright pink and cute persona had completely seduced jeno.

he wanted to spoil him, and to take care of him.

his heart fluttered; his cheeks coloured red...

it was as if he was falling in love all over again.

but for someone else than his boyfriend.

for someone who was supposed to be his enemy.

and at the same time, he knew he was still madly in love with mark.

"don't you miss mark?" donghyuck asked, catching jeno's attention again.

jeno stared at the brunette.

his curly bangs were messily scattered on his forehead, some of the strands hiding his chocolate eyes that were looking at jeno so intensely.

donghyuck's pink lips were wrapped around the straw, and jeno could see him gulping down his americano due to the way his adam apple bobbled up and down.

back to his face, jeno concentrated on each mole littering the beautiful tanned skin.

donghyuck was indeed a magnificent creature.

and this made his mind go wild.

did he miss mark?

when he was staring at donghyuck this way, he wasn't.

"yeah..." jeno replied, which wasn't completely false.

as much as his feelings for donghyuck were getting out of hand, jeno was still loyal to his boyfriend. of course, he missed him. he always did. even when they just parted ways.

"you two should have a talk then." donghyuck insisted.

"i guess so."

another comfortable silence.

jeno took this opportunity to take a sip of his drink as he admired the boy in front of him.

donghyuck let go the straw of his mouth when he finished his drink.

he placed his elbows on the table and settled his chin onto his palms.

"tell me about mark." he said in a cute voice.

jeno chuckled, allowing his thoughts to wander to images of the older boy whom he had spent so much time with.

he would gladly share his memories with donghyuck.

"mark loves to write songs." jeno explains. "he does that when he had a rough day most of the time. it's to pour his emotions out. he's talented."

donghyuck smiled, nodding his head quickly to signal jeno to keep going.

"he also plays the guitar. he plays with the strings like no one else. i often listen to him play and hum songs. i guess you've seen hima round school. he always has his guitar."

"yeah." donghyuck nodded.

"he says it's one of the most precious things he owns, which is why he carries it around."

donghyuck smiled, seeing how much jeno enjoyed talking about his boyfriend.

"he's also very awkward. i swear people see him as the weird kid who laughs at everything, but they don't know the oh-so-perfect mark lee that exists behind this derpy façade..."

donghyuck listened to jeno explaining everything about his boyfriend to him.

it felt good seeing jeno this happy.

it almost felt like jeno and mark had never fought.

jeno was too caught in his stories to care about his surroundings.

and donghyuck was too caught in listening to jeno to care too.

but it seemed to be perfect this way.

"god... i love him so much..." jeno said.

"i can see that." donghyuck replied.

and surprisingly, his heart didn't ache at those words his 'soulmate' pronounced.

instead, it fluttered.