THE JOURNEY

It was beautiful spring season. The plants were laden with beautiful and colourful flowers and there was a feeling of happiness all around. I was sitting in front of the window and was mesmerized by the view in front of me and suddenly I saw a bee buzzing in front of me. It was going from flower to flower and sitting there sucking nectar. The mango plant visible from my window has just got white flowers.

I was engrossed watching the mesmerizing beauty when suddenly the bell rang. My mother ordered me from the kitchen to open the door. On opening the door I was even more surprised. Sonia and Snigdha were at my house. I started screaming out of joy and I called my mother and told them that they have come to my house. My mother told me, "Make them comfortable in your room and asked them what will they eat."

I took them to my room and told them to settle comfortably. I asked them what they would like to have. Snigdha replied, "I have eaten a heavy breakfast. Please don't urged me to eat more. Sit down with us we will talk a lot."
Sonia said, "Never... I love the food prepared by your mother. Please can she make sandwich for me?"
I replied, "Surely...."
I went and told my mother about her request. She told me to go out and bring the bread. I ran and can back with the bread.

After some time, my mother served us with the tasty sandwiches

After some time, my mother served us with the tasty sandwiches. "Then..." I said, "what is the matter? How are things going?"
Sonia replied, "All well, We were thinking of going somewhere for vacation. Any suggestions?"
Excitedly I said, "Waah! What an idea. Tell where can we go?"
Snigdha declared, "I have told my parents to accompany me."
My mother was listening our conversation from behind and she suddenly exclaimed, "Even I would like to go...."

Sonia said, "Yes you will, but where are we going? Darjeeling?"
Snigdha said, "Such a common place. Let's go somewhere else. "
My mother said, "What about Puri?"
I replied, "We have gone there uncountable times.... Can we visit Assam? Kaziranga National park?"
"Wow.. Awesome idea..." said the others together.
So, it was 21st March when we boarded the train to Guwahati. Guwahati was 972 kms away from Howrah. We went by the Kamrup express. We had packed parathas and potato curry for the journey. Together with me, we were a total of eight members; Snigdha and her parents, Sonia and her mother (her father took his last breath when she was 10) and me and my parents. Our train started at 17:35. We ate many things on the train, and atlast, we fell asleep with great satisfaction on the rocking and swiftly moving train.