The thirtieth chapter

--------------------------------------------

(Wow! Another chapter! I'm still thriving bitches! Here is the bullshit picture that I talked about, have fun staring at it wondering why it looks like shit -w- It's made on the phone... I hate the phone...)

(TW: Implied abuse in this chapter, nothing is described but if you are smart enough then you will understand this warning...)

--------------------------------------------

We both looked at the box not really walking any closer to it, the air feels both thin and thick at the same time making it seem like there was no oxygen.

The flower, book, as well as other objects that we had looked at, was still on the same spot as we left them.

Wanting to know how Garcello is doing I look over to where he stands and seems to realize that I am looking at him. He looks back at me and nods with a determined face.

I start to walk over to the box Garcello following beside me and we both look into the box. To keep me steady I grab the edge of the box and bring it slightly closer to the both of us not really knowing what to expect...

Something that resembled a toolbox became visible to me and I pull up the handle that was lying sideways. When I try to pull the box out I can feel the heaviness of the toolbox almost pulling me towards the table! It almost made me fall!

Garcello seemed to understand the situation and put his hands under the toolbox lifting it as well. When we had finally brought it on the table I could hear us both breathe heavily.

It's weird how heavy this toolbox is since the box itself was really light... I scratch the back of my head and point at the cardboard box opening my mouth to state the obvious facts but then closed it.

"That... Isn't possible... Right?" I hear Garcello talk looking confused and worried at the same time staring at the box.

"I don't know, Gar..." I tell him. I can feel how unsure my voice sounds and it is shaking slightly. Deciding not to think too much about it I bring my hand over the toolbox handle and it is shaking.

My other hand clasps around the locks that keep the box shut properly. Moving it up makes a click sound and the other one does the same sound.

Opening the box I can feel my heartbeat quicker than before if that even was possible. There could be anything in there! Both my hands are on the lid almost opening it...

"What?!" I jump up hearing the booming voice of Garcello eco through the kitchen louder than it has ever been.

This caused me to look over to Garcello who seemed to be shocked about the cardboard box that once was Alex's box? Why was he so scared and worried?

"There is no way that man is..." Garcello started to say something making me fear the worst and think that he would say dead...

"He... There is a... Weird collar here..." He looks really scared about this so-called collar for some reason... It's just a dog leach... Right?

"Umm... Alright? It might be from an old dog he used to own..." I tell him not really thinking much of the reasons Alex even wanted to leave it there of all places.

"It... You know what... Just look at it on your own..." He tells me walking backward and turning his face around. He had a hand over his face making it impossible to see his reaction this time.

What can be so bad about a dog collar?...

...

That doesn't look like it was used for a dog... 

It had been ripped apart from the seams and had a lock hanging on both ends. The lock was not unlocked but kept the two ends together. It had a small plastic cube popping out on the side with metal going out of it around the collar...

Was this a chock collar!? Who the hell!? What? Why?... Holy shit!

I run my hand through my hair taking a deep breath hearing it shake from the creepy collar in the box... Hearing the shuffling of Garcello going behind me I turn around and see his eyes are red and he looks pained...

"I..." He seems to want to tell me something and he grits his teeth looking away before saying anything else... He grabs his white tee and clenched his hands making them crinkle.

He coughs making me worry for his lungs from all the smoking he is doing... Didn't he dial down on it? That should help... Why is the coughing?

Once he stops coughing he breathes heavily sounding hoarse. He puts his hand on my shoulder and I feel a slight weight like he needed to steady himself.

"My heart... It hurts..." He tells me not looking at me, his hair casting a shadow over his eyes. That reminds me... Didn't he have those weird convulsions when Alex was hurt?...

There is no way though... That can't be... No...

I hear Garcello take a strong breath in like he had held his breath before. He sounds like he just got freed from drowning... 

"It's... It's gone..." Garcello tells me straightening his back from what happened before. He is looking at me with a small smile on his face and then pushes me to the side circling around me walking to the box.

He picks up the collar and looks into the box again picking out a few more things not really looking as important when I glance over them. Looking closer makes me more worried though...

There was a roll that looked like an old poster. Another object was what looked like an old sweater that was slightly bloody looking like it matched the book and the flower...

The last thing isn't a bad thing but it's slightly weird to have it in a box? It is a lighter that looks like it had been used multiple times. What was that lighter used for?... What kind of things made the lighter so special?...

I sigh... This is taking too much time... I want to know what is in that toolbox... I want to know why he was so desperate to give off the box...

--------------------------------------------

(I know looking through the box is taking a lot of chapters but that is because I don't want to hurry myself to finish anything too quick... I hope this is enough and like always there will be a chapter tomorrow again!)

-----(Until the next chapter!)-----