𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙚𝙣

A deep sadness filled you.

You weren't exactly sure why, or where it had came from. For as long as you had been dead , you had gotten this pure melancholy feeling.

Some part of you had figured it was about the time of year you had originally passed , but somehow you knew these feelings went deeper, farther back than your original death.

The bad part of being dead was you could never remember exactly what your past was, only the major events - it's a miracle you still remember your death day.

Your two traveling companions had took notice , the aura around you going from soft and bright to dark and gloomy. Being honest , it deeply scared paimon and Lumine.

Lumine had tried to cheer you up, but alas her efforts seemed to be pointless when you'd simply give her a sad smile - recognizing her efforts.

This struck interest in the blonde , perhaps more had happened that night you disappeared at the festival. it would certainly explain the weird behavior of yours- though Lumine opted to not push about it, when you wanted to come forth and talk to her she'd be there but for now she rather not push things.

-

The three of you had been settling in an inn outside of Liyue Harbor- the Wangshu Inn. just until you had to go back to Mondstadt, it was a quiet - and there was hardly ever anything interesting to do. Lumine and Paimon would leave to do commissions and such , leaving you all by your lonesome.

Of course this meant you searched the inn, top to bottom looking for something of interest. From the kitchen with it's scary chef , to the lady at the front desk, with the most adorable kitten - you found virtually nothing. The only thing that really enticed you was the rooftop, it was the most peaceful place you had ever been. Not even the mountains of Liyue could compete.

What you also discovered was that another being visited the rooftops , and so when you asked the woman at the counter - she told you it was a young man who favored almond tofu.

You weren't exactly why you were so interested, maybe it was the sheer boredom getting to you- but that night right before you had laid down to sleep , you left a small hand written note and a plate of poorly made almond tofu explaining to the mystery boy that you had come to the rooftops to find a peace within you that you normally couldn't find.

You told him about how you had this deep melancholy, and the rooftop seemingly cured that - for however long you sat and watched the life from above.

You admired , and maybe hoped he felt the same way at least in some aspects. you even mentioned befriending the boy in the note , wanting to bond over the singular similarity the two of you had - you both liked to visit the rooftop.

setting the plate near the tree that intertwined it's with the inn, leaving the note under the porcelain.

hopefully you'd get a response.

//

( hello everyone ! lovely to be back, sorry for such a short chapter today :') i sort of wanted to ease into things , but i promise next chapter should be quite lengthy! if you'd like , you should leave comments below explaining what you think will happen next ~
i digress , but seriously i'm happy to be back and writing !
                              -honey )