𝐭𝐰𝐨. the beginning of the end

❛ ── chapter two
THE BEGINNING OF THE END.

 ❜

𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐎𝐊-𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐍,

If you're reading this, it means that I'm no longer physically beside you.

Although I wish with every bone in my body that you'll never receive this notebook, the both of us knew it was inevitable from day one. . . As cancer does not listen to hopeless wishes.

As I'm currently writing this, I'm sitting alone in my hospital bed. My parents have left back to work, shocking, and a nurse just dropped off my lunch.

The doctors told me I've been diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer and survival rates are low considering how late they discovered the tumor. I'll have 5 years at most.

But I don't really care, death doesn't scare me at all! It's just having to part ways with everybody that makes it all a lot harder.

Speaking of that! I know this sounds selfish of me but I have a favor to ask, please look after mom and dad once I'm gone. They're probably blaming themselves for everything but I want them to know it's not their fault.

And that their daughter left this earth the happiest she could be.

Forever yours,
Yuna. <3

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊, his eyes stinging from the tears he thought he'd finished using up. It physically pained him to continue reading and he couldn't possibly bring himself to reopen the pages.

Everything reminded him of her, the way she wrote his name, the familiar scent of her hoodie that he clenched, and even down to the double knots on his shoes. It was like she was still there with him, her tender smile standing in front of him.

But when he blinks the tears away, she disappears into thin air, and the boy is reminded of his pained reality.

The sound of knocking slowly diverts his attention from the book to his bedroom's door. He allows it to hang in the air for a few moments before the knob turns open.

" Seok-Hoon. . . Are you okay? " Seok-Kyung reluctantly asked, her tone soft as if he'd break if she was any harsher.

' No, of course I'm not fine. The girl I love just died and now the only thing I'm left with is this cardboard box. ' Was what he wanted to say, but he couldn't find the energy to utter full sentences.

So he just nods. It was just then he notices the tray of food she held.

The twin sister set it down on the table beside him. " They said you should eat something, or at least drink some water. " She told him, eyeing the diary in his hands. " And. . . Maybe take a walk once in awhile. "

She was about to dart out the door when his brother's hoarse voice spoke up. " D-do you miss her? " Seok-Kyung paused dead in her tracks, silence looming over the room.

" I think about her most nights, reminiscing on past memories. " She squirmed uncomfortably in her spot, turning around to meet his eyes. " What about you? D-do you miss her? " Seok-Kyung had never wanted to slap herself more.

" Yeah, everyday. " He told her, his gaze now downcast on his feet. " I don't know if I can do this without her. " Seok-Hoon admitted.

The twin sighed as she trudged her way to the boy, she took a seat beside him on the bed before pulling him into a hug. " You know Yuna wouldn't want to see you like this. " Seok-Kyung mutters as he remains stoic.

" Yeah. "

She holds his shoulders firmly, looking at him dead in the eye. " Eat, and rest. "

And with one final nod from Seok-Hoon, she takes her leave.

# 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒 ! ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

yeah. . . we start off by her dying !! the writing for this chapter is really boring, i know. please vote !