VIII.𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑎 𝑏𝑎𝑛𝑑

✨morn than a band✨————————~one year ago~

morn than a band
————————
~one year ago~

14-year-old Annabelle sat on the steps of her staircase with her 3-year-old sister in her arms. She was listening to her father and mother fight again, she's so used to it she now feels numb. The yelling and crying are a daily reminder of how horrible her father is and how much she hates him. He hasn't hit anyone yet, but he's yelled and screamed at Annabelle and Ginger countless times. Coming home drunk all the time and threatening to hurt them was something Annabelle feared the most. She had such a loving and kind mother, how did she end up with a ruthless and horrid man like him.

Annabelle held her sister in her arms, protecting her with all she could. She wouldn't let anything happen to April, she almost lost her once and she won't let it happen again.

Annabelle jumped at the sound of a glass bottle breaking and crawled down a few steps to watch her parents.

"You don't do a single thing for this family! All you do is go out and get drunk!" Ginger yelled at a drunk husband of hers.

"Because of you! You cause this!" The man shouted back and Ginger moved back as he threw down another glass bottle. Annabelle flinched at the sound of the glass shattering.

"You're worthless!" The man shouted at Ginger, before slapping her and Annie gasped, covering her sister's head.

"Dad stop!" Annie cried, standing up and running down the steps.

Ginger held her bright red cheek with tears falling down her cheeks, "sweetie, go see Julie for a while, okay?"

"Mom-"

"GET OUT OF HERE YOU BRAT!" The man screamed and Ginger turned from him, punching him in the face.

"Don't you yell at my daughter like that!" Ginger snarled at him.

The man glared at Ginger, recovering from her punch.

"That's it," he said and grabbed his keys and wallet. He stormed past Ginger, who grabbed her daughters and the three girls watched him walk toward her door. "I'm done."

Annie was crying out of fear and horror after what just happened. April was sobbing and Ginger was keeping her cool but was shaking on the inside.

"What do you mean?" Ginger asked her husband.

"Done with you and this "family," he responded and scoffed. "Goodbye."