Gods dont pray

Authors note: I get a lot of different plots in my head and so I decided to write one down so here you go.

Shadows covered the long hallway, the flaming torches hanging on the wall barely made enough light to see. At the end of the hallway stood a massive wooden door, full of decorated carvings. Each telling about different stories, both of the past and the future. One part showed a man floating in the air holding what seemed to be a bolt of lightning facing a scythe wielding giant. While another showed a group of seven warriors standing against a horde of monsters.

The silence was soon broken by the sound of an explosion as dust and small rocks fell from the hallway ceiling. The sound of many footsteps and grunts could be heard and as the doors were shoved open by force. Behind the doors was what looked to be a throne room with pillars on either side, a crystal dome, and a red carpet leading up to a dark and ominous throne. On the throne was a slouched figure clothed in darkness. The hood he wore hid his face from view while the shadows in the room stretched around him to make a long coat.

"YOUR TIME IS UP DEMON!!" said a man who stepped out of the armored group of soldiers and up to the shadowed figure, "SAY YOUR PRAYERS!!" The soldier shouted.

The room was silent before a dark chuckle filled the room, a few of the soldiers took a step back in fear as the imposing figure threw his head back as his chuckle turned in to a laugh. Soon the laughter stopped as the figure stood up.

"gods don't pray." he said as he raised his hand towards them. "But mortals do."

Not even a second after he finished speaking came a black and purple inferno from his hand as it ripped through the soldiers armor, tearing into their flesh and burning them from the inside. The soldiers cries of pain and anguish filled the room as they were seemingly eaten alive by this black flame.

The figure soon grew bored of their screams and dropped his hand which stopped the inferno. What he saw was only the scorched floor, for the flames were so hot they burned everything away.

"If they were so weak then how did they even get here?" The figure wondered, disappointed that their end came to quickly.

"They actually just got lucky." Said a voice that sounded like it came from every part of the room. "They took a wrong turn and were split up from the main group who no doubt are being dealt with." The voice said again.

The figure looked up towards the glass dome ceiling to see a shadow like raven flying down and coming to rest on his shoulder.

"It was pretty funny to see one of them start crying when he realized they weren't with everyone else." Said the shadow looking raven. "Although I loved that little "gods don't pray, but mortals do" saying. That was so funny, I might add it to the book of funny quotes." The raven said with a smug glint in its eye.

The hooded man sighed as he rubbed his hand on his forehead. "Please don't, I already have about 200 stupid quotes you won't let me live down. I don't need anymore."

"Nahh I'll do it to irritate you even more." The raven laughed out.

The figure glared at the raven out of the corner of his hood. "You know ever since you were turned into a bird you've gotten even more obnoxious." His voice was full of anger but there was a bit of humor laced in.

The raven flapped his wings and flew off the figures shoulder. "Well I guess I have been thinking pretty high of myself." It said as the raven flew up towards the dome. "Come on, the enemy troops have been mostly taken care of by the shades so let's go do something fun."

"Fine." Said the figure. "But it's probably going to be boring." As huge black wings came out of his back.

The figures wings thrust down and he shot up to the dome. Just before he hit the dome, shadows formed around him, both the winged figure and the raven disappeared.