Part 5

The next day Kodai sat and thought.

When Yuki ran into my arms yesterday I felt like I could just hold and protect her forever...it felt like I've embrace the same woman before...many many times...but I don't know where or who. I've never been close with any other girls really...except for one. I had a girlfriend back at the academy. That's where we met. We dated for about a year until I found out she was cheating. So that was the end of it.

Yuki passes by him as he walks to the main bridge. He turns to follow her. "hey, Yuki!" He calls out. She stops and turns. "Yes?" She says.

Why did I want to talk to her again? She probably busy.

Kodai thought.

"Never mind, its nothing." He tells her as he walks the other way again. He didn't even have anything to tell her.

I feel a way I've never felt, but felt before? Should I talk to Shima? Oh whatever. Its probably nothing.

He thought.

Yuki wanted to know what Kodai was going to say to her...

maybe the reason he said never mind was cause he had to get back to his post? I'll find him later. God, I feel like some stereotypical girl in love with a boy, I'm not letting it get in the way of saving the planet of course. I think we can get back to Earth. Then I'll tell him. I'll tell him how I feel.

She thought.

A few hours later Yuki goes to find Kodai.

She sees him talking to Sanada. He looks her way and she gives him a quick wave.

I'll talk to him when hes done with Sanada.

She thought.

But instead he walks over to her before she could. "hey Yuki!" He said. "Oh! Kodai-kun! I was looking for you!" She tells him. "Oh? Really?" He said. "yes I wanted to find out what you were going to tell me earlier! I figured you were busy so I didn't follow you after you called after me." She said. "Oh...really its nothing." He tells her. "Oh...alright then, nice talking to you!" She starts to walk away but he grabs her hand to pull her back. "Well the truth is, I didn't have anything to say to you, I just enjoy talking to you, Yuki. And sort of just called after you without thinking. Just wanting to talk." He said. She stared into his eyes, then smiled. "I like talking to you too." She didn't know what else to say. She begins to walk away looking back at him. "Bye!" She calls back. "Bye bye!" Said Kodai.