2: Avoid casual filtering

Although the fear of Albedo finding you had kept you awake for a good chunk of the night, you eventually ended up falling asleep on the floor. Your short sleep would later be interrupted by an excited Klee.

"Good morning, Mister Fluffball!" She stage-whispered, pushing a small plate of berries towards you. "I'm in trouble today, so I can't take with you with me, 'cuz it'd be unfair so you gotta stay here, okay?"

You nodded, taking one of the berries. It was now or never to thank her for being so nice to you. "Th- thank you."

Klee gasped excitedly at the sound of your voice, unbothered by the creepy filter over it. "I knew you could speak, Mister Fluffball!"

To say you were flustered was an embarrassment. Why was this kid so damn nice? You felt kind of guilty since you weren't able to repay her kindness. You'd have to find a way to make it up to Klee later. Standing up, Klee gave you one last smile, "I'll see you soon, Mister Fluffball!"

-

Ah, you were so bored.

Your original plans for gradually becoming stronger had all but shattered when Klee took you with her, and you were stuck in the one place you didn't want to be stuck in. With a small huff, you decided you may as well do something with your day, if Klee really was going to be gone the whole day.

Pulling yourself out from under the bed, you stood up and realized you barely as tall as the bed, dealing a medium amount of damage to your pride. Looking around Klee's room, you were unsurprised to see most of the books she had were picture books, and fairy tales. May as well try to grind up Details since you had the chance.

Sliding your staff out of your sleeve, you chose to start on the shelf above you, tapping the first book and whispering, "Details."

[Book.]

Good job stating the obvious, Details. You were just going to have to get used to seeing the word 'book' pop up in your vision. Your ears flopped down a little at the thought, but you strengthened your resolve and tapped the next book.

[Book.]

How long was it going to take for this ability to level up? There's no way you got stuck with such a crappy appraisal ability, right? You tapped the next book, got the same result, moved on to the next one, same old same old, the next one, found out it was a book...

Before you knew it, you had gone through the first shelf. Sliding your staff back into your sleeve, you got to work on discovering that the books in front of you were, in fact, books. In the end, Details didn't level up. You had to be close, right? That was like twenty books, on top of all the trees... how much more did you have to go through before leveling up Details?

You decided to check your own attributes, just in case you were missing something. It seemed there were a few more things to see. No constellations, but you had talents! They were all level 1, as you expected, but they existed! It seemed that it was just the basic kit all Hydro Abyss Mages had, so it wasn't anything special. A bit embarrassed by how sucky you were, you nearly forgot to check out your passives. Notably, you had an extra passive, and all but one was locked.

[Sight Beyond Vision]

[Lv. 1]

[Wielder is granted the ability to see the details of anything directed.]

What a great help this ability was. Since you weren't able to see the details of the other three passives, you decided to stop checking out the details of your shitty stats. Good thing, too, since you heard suspicious noises coming from outside of Klee's room. Alerted, you began to slowly back up towards the wall.