Maya X Carina

I know this is a bit short but I couldn't really think about what to add to the wedding scene other than adding a little pizzazz with words. I hope you like it but I'm always open to constructive criticism.  Thank you for the request!

-Leanna K.

 Maya ran her hands down the six dresses she'd tried on, staring at herself in the mirror. A simple, clean white, mid-length, shoulderless dress, with a small slit in the back of it.

"You look beautiful," Andy said, peeking over her shoulder.

"You've said that about all of them..." she mumbled.

"Because it's true." Both of them had a hard laugh together. Maya looked at herself hard for a moment, getting a little lost in thought.

"This one. I want this one." Andy smiled widely, chuckling to herself as she looked at the many dresses spread out in the room.

"It's perfect."

Maya's breath was taken when she laid eyes on Carina. She was glowing in her sleek white jumpsuit. As Vic began to play the music, Ben locked arms with both of them as he walked them down the aisle. Their friends watched with love and happiness in their eyes. Suddenly Maya felt her heart grow even more as she saw her mother looking back at her.

They reached the end, Andy tacking their bouquets, the music trailing off. Ben smiled, opening his book.

"Now, I understand you wrote your own vows-"

"Oh my god..." Maya spoke, her eyes widening.

"What?" Carina questioned in concern.

"I f-forgot we were writing our own vows... oh my god... I got so excited about it. I'm so sorry-" She stuttered out till Carina interrupted her.

"No, no, no, hey, hey-"

"I- I'm so-"

"This is perfect. It's okay, it's okay. Listen to yourself. Queen of the clipboard Maya Bishop was so excited about something that she forgot. I love that." She said softly, love stitched in her voice.

"Sorry. I love- I love you. And I choose you. Forever." Suddenly there was a sniffle in the audience. Maya's mom dried her tears of happiness, smiling widely under her mask.

"Sorry, sorry, keep going."

"I don't need to say anything else," Carina said sweetly. "We're good."

"You're good?" Ben asked Maya.

"Yeah. Yeah," She spoke quietly.

"Then, Maya Bishop, do you take-"

"I do," She interrupted.

"Me too."

"Well, I now pronounce you wife and wife." As applause erupted their lips met. As they kissed their futures together flashed before their eyes and both of them, for the moment at least, truly believed in happily ever after.