10

"Destiny will end up two people in one place and in the perfect time." - Author

A beautiful young girl was walking down the stairs. It was a grand mansion.

"Miss Lorraine, your food is ready." The Butler mentioned guiding her to the dining table. He was also Sylvester. He was still alive but Lorraine was young at that time.

"Thank you," She replied

She saw a long table with people in their seats. They smiled at her widely.

"Raine!" A little kid called. She looked cute and she hugged Lorrain tight.

"Go back to your seat," Lorraine whispered to her and she even followed Lorraine.

Everyone started eating at the table when a little girl with red lips spoke. "I got an A in our Art class."

"Congratulations, sweet darling." Her mother said and kissed her forehead.

"Haha, that's good to hear. Our family runs the bloodline of an artist," Their grandmother commented.

Everyone wore their smiles. "Thank you Momamita," Jessica replied.

"Oh, how about you? Nica?" Their Momamita asked.

"Hmm, I also got an A!" She proudly retorted. "But, Lorraine got an A+."

Lorraine smiled at all of them. Her parents knew she got an A+ but decided to keep it.

"We're always proud of you," Lorraine's father commented and gave her a thumbs up.

"That's what I call my granddaughter," Momamita replied.

"Congrats, Raine!" Her aunt and tito said in their glad voices but Jessica wasn't glad at all. She was mad that Lorraine got an A+ while she got an A.

"Anyways, mother, who would overtake the Art Gallery Papa built?" Jessica's father asked.

"Oh, I'd pass. I have my stable job as a seafarer." Nica's father replied and smiled at them.

Momamita had three sons, her husband just died so she'd choose whether Lorraine's father or Jessica's father.

"Hmm, I will let Lorraine be the heir of it. She just got an A+ so her father will overtake it."

"But mother," Lorraine's father interrupted. "How about elder brother?"

"Hmm, he needs to change his habits first. He usually goes to casinos and bars." Momamita replied

"Mother, it's enough." Jessica's father arrogantly said. "It's okay, take it."

Everything was settled.

***
Lorraine is in the pool. She was just roaming around to waste time. She just finished her homework and projects so she gotta go chill and relax.

"Look what we have here," Jessica interrupted her silence.

"Jessica," Lorraine smiled at her. "Aren't you finished with your school works?"

"Nah, I let Nica do it." She replied and Lorraine just nodded at her. "Besides, Nica was easy to be fooled."

They were just young girls but look how sharped the tongue Jessica is. She is a smart kid with a bad attitude.

"That's how uncle raised you?!" She asked her.

"Raine, how innocent. I'm angry that your father overtakes the Art Gallery. My father is pitiful you know then you just take it away from him?"

"My father respected uncle and so as uncle, why do you make reasons when it was already settled, Jessica? We are too little to interrupt their business."