Eleven: A safe Home

a/n sorry this took so long i was in hospital and had to re think my entire life so i literally could not be bothered to upload
     there's a picture of my cat at the end

The duvet that covered Izuku was warm and comfy.

Hold on a second-

Covers?

Izuku forced his eyes open, much against their wishes, and sat up in the dark room. He rubbed his eyes as an attempt to get rid of the sleep and look around.

It was, well, dark. Nothing much could be made out other than the line of light on the floor that crept through the door that had been left ajar. From this, Izuku could see a faint black and grey pattern on the rug that lay on the floor.

The light behind the closed curtains was dim but not black, so he assumed it to be late afternoon or early evening, but he couldn't be certain without a clock.

He was still trying to make sense of the situation, he'd been with Eraser last night, hadn't he? Did this mean he was now at Erasers place?

Wait no, not Eraser, he'd said to call him Shouta.

Theoretically speaking, Izuku could jump through the window and leave... but that would render him homeless with nowhere to go once again.

His best option would be to go through the door and see where Shouta was, but for some reason the thought of doing that made him feel sick.

Meow.

Izuku jumped back at the sound, and ultimately stepped on the thing that made a noise. With a short yell, he fell to the floor and landed on his arse.

Something rubbed up against his leg so he pulled it back in shock. It was only when the light turned on that he could see the 'thing' was actually a kitten.

The cat looked young, but not as if it'd only just been born. Possibly around ten or eleven weeks, but that didn't really matter. Not when he looked up to see who had turned on the light.

"A-ah! Hello," Izuku dumbly said.

"You alright, kid?" Eras- Shouta, crouched down in front of him and looked over for injuries. "That's Socks, she's a menace." He pointed to the black and white cat, who was licking herself clean.

"She's cute." is all Izuku coukd thing to say. For some reason, his ability to function normally had decided to leave.

Shouta hummed in agreement, "I found her in an alley when she was a couple weeks old, the vets think she's about thirteen weeks old currently but we can't be sure."

Izuku just nodded, his ability to function hadn't yet returned.

Shouta sighed before sitting on the floor properly next to Izuku, "On a more serious note, how're you holding up?"

Socks had walked her way over to Souta and curled up next to his leg.

"I- uhm," Izuku paused and looked to the ground, he wasn't used to not being cocky and confident around Eraserhead. "I don't know how you want me to answer that." he mumbled.

"You can answer it however you want to, I just want to know how you're doing." Shouta tried to look Izuku in the eyes and gave a small encouraging smile, something that was very rare for the underground hero.

"I don't think I'm doing too good." Izuku looked up towards Shouta's face before looking back down. He noticed that the pattern on the floor alternated with every three rows to reverse on itself and link together in a forwards way.