chapter two- oi! oi malfoy!

As the train came to a halt outside of the warmly lit castle, the excitement began again.

All of the first years hopped to their feet and ran through the halls of the train. "We're here!" a small boy shouted from the compartment next to Kaylani's, his cheerful voice was a hidden breath of fresh air for the Malfoy girl. She stirred gently in her seat as the sounds of a thousand first year foot steps rumbled through the carivans, shaking every other Slytherin's nerves to the core, as it warmed hers.

Across from her, the sour peach called her brother, rolled his eyes loudly. "I can't stand this school" he scowled.

He frustratingly, threw his trunk over his shoulder and climbed out of the doors of their compartment, having only spoken those five words since he's dispute with the scrawny 4th year.

Draco's awful emotion switch caused a fog of deadly misery to fall over almost every soul in proximity of him, seasoning the air with the wrath of Salazar Slytherin's house.
Blaise stood up and led the group out of the train and towards the carriages. He gripped Kaylani's hand as he helped her into the carriage, barely paying attention to the fact that she was the only one he helped.

Kaylani hardly ever spoke to any other Slytherin's her age. She mostly stayed with Draco since he had been sorted into the same house. There were only a few that had been sorted into Slytherin the year of her sorting, so the pickings were slim either way.
She wasn't shocked to be sorted into Slytherin herself though. For generations, her entire family was sorted into Slytherin. Draco followed suit, proud to be a part of the family legacy.

"Do you see that?" Draco asked, pointing towards the sky, his face still empty of any emotion other than annoyance.

Everyone had already jumped off the carriages and found themselves at the front of the school, gathered around in the dim candle light, staring upwards at whatever it could be that held the boy's limited interest.

"It looks like-" Pansy started.

A loud voice boomed in Kaylani's eardrums, warming her abdomen with a sense of uncontrollable comfort, something no voice had ever presented her with before.

"A flying carriage" he said towering over Kaylani's back. The figure wasn't paying attention to his sudden closeness and allowed his body to rub slightly against hers, heat burning between every second of their touch.

"Flying Carriage that's ridiculous" a ravenclaw shouted from a few feet away.

The foreign object swooped down closer to the ground causing the large group of students to cheer excitedly.

It was a large and beautiful blue carriage being pulled by a dozen flying horses. There were many blonde girls with their heads stuck out of the windows, waving and smiling eagerly at the boys.

"Ridiculous hey?" Kaylani heard George yell at the ravenclaw. He was now standing on the opposite side of Kaylani and smirking at the girls who exited the carriage. The boy behind her laughed with his brother, reaching forward to highfive him. As he did so, his chest rubbed firmly against Kaylani's back, causing her to stumble forward.

"Oh merlin, I'm sorry" he quickly reacted, walking forward to Kaylani.

She was shocked to see how quickly he retreated from her, once Fred realized who he had knocked forward. He usually made some sort of bitter or sarcastic comment everytime she spoke to him, but this time, he seemed distraught.

"Looks like you got your revenge for the train hey?"

She looked over at him and he avoided her eye contact, slipping his hands into his pockets and looking forward.