16. Insane

INSANE

INSANE

Sunday went by like a blur. I spent the day at Jimin's, spending quality time with him and his family to try and distract myself from reality. It was nice playing make believe for a bit and reminding myself of what a family should be like.

I would often catch myself in a daze, watching the way Mrs Park would prop herself on Mr Park's lap, his arms immediately curling around her waist like it was second nature. They were truly happy, as happy as a couple could be, and I was in love with their love.

But more than anything, I craved the relationship between Mrs Park and Jimin. I loved the way she would hover around him like a magnet to make sure he was happy. Or the way she would play with his hair until his eyes started closing. Or my favourite, when she would spontaneously start to tickle him. It was the little things that I wanted so badly, even just a kiss on the top of the head - These were all the things I missed out on growing up.

I had a nice time despite the slight ache in my gut as I remembered my mum was stuck in a hospital room. I couldn't believe the last thing I said to her was that I didn't care if she died. It was cruel of me to say that; I know that now.

When Monday inevitably came along though, I was happy to have something to distract myself with even more. There were no reminders of my mum at school, it was a place where I could escape and put my efforts into something worthwhile.

Standing in the corridor with Serena and a miserable Jungkook, who had been forced to stand a good two metres away, I was trying to explain to her why I didn't call her Sunday morning after the party.

"I was so worried Georgie, I thought something bad happened to you and Jimin on the way home!" Serena sighed, rubbing my arm sympathetically.

"Sorry for not messaging you, my phones still at home even now. I haven't been on it all weekend."

"No it's fine babe, honestly. You don't need to explain, I just hope your mum's okay." She didn't necessarily know why my mum was admitted to hospital but I'm sure she had her suspicions; Serena's mum was just as bad as her for finding out gossip amongst the mums. "Are you okay after-"

"I will be." I answered, interrupting her before she could go into details... I hadn't really thought about it, I had other things to worry about.

"Can I join you guys now?" Jungkook pouted as he wiggled impatiently in his spot, making sure not to take a step forwards in case Serena would snap at him.

"What do you wanna talk about JK?" I asked, smirking at Serena who was actively rolling her eyes at his presence.

"I scored a winning goal yesterday!" His smile was even larger than his doe eyes, and it made my heart burst with warmth.

"Wow, that's great!" I complimented, nudging Serena for her to congratulate him too – Of course she just ignored me.

"Yeah it was, but do you know what would have made it even better?"