3 Lucy's diner

A grunt escaped the werewolf's throat as he stretched. Ein looked at his alarm clock. It read 2:04pm. Ein usually woke up late, as he was a night owl. He was glad that he could wake up so late. It gives him less time in the day to be around people, especially his father. The werewolf got out of bed and got dressed and ready for the day. Ein made his way down the stairs quietly. At the bottom, he turned to face his father, who was watching the television in the living room. Zack faced Ein when he noticed him. The teenager took a seat next to his father, who had shifted his attention back to the television.

A heavy weight was felt on Ein's shoulders. He did not know what was going to happen in the next few minutes. Was he going to get bored and go back to his room? Would he continue watching the show that was airing on the television with his father? Or was his father going to beat him? Ein didn't believe in a higher power, but he silently prayed it wasn't his last guess.

"I want to talk to you about last week." Zack interrupted Ein of his quiet prayer. Oh no, this couldn't be good. His father muted the sound of the television and turned to the younger werewolf.

Last week was when he had beaten up the Beta of his school and gotten expelled. Was Ein going to suffer that same punishment as the Beta had? "Ok?"

"I know you're an Omega, but I want to know why you did it." His father asked him.

Ein had told him he was an Omega when he first got appointed to that role. "Simple. He was insulting me and I got pissed off."Zack let out a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger.

"It's just you beat up many people. I know you're angry all the time, but why are you angry?" Had Ein's father seriously just asked him that? Ein gave Zack a frown with a look of anger.

The young werewolf took a gamble with his reply. "You."

Zack could practically feel his heart shatter at the response. He froze. Before Zack could reply, they heard a knock at the door. He got up and answered after giving Ein one last look. Zack received a look back from his son. In front of him were Jax and Ryder. He glared at the two boys.

Both boys turned white and trembled from the glare."Hi, is Ein here?" Ryder had spoken up, despite wanting to run from the man in front of him.

The man let out an annoyed grunt. "Ein, your friends are here." His son switches spots with him. Zack is back on the couch and Ein is at the door.

"Hey, come hang out with us again," Jax said.

Ein put on his shoes and said, "Dad, I'm going out with friends." Before closing the door behind him and making his way down the street with his friends.

The trio made their way to the park where they had first met. It was their favourite spot to hang out. They sat under a tree and talked.

"Dude, your dad is scary," Jax admitted. Ein shrugged his shoulders. He was used to it, after all.

They moved on to other topics and told stories of their school year. Ein checked the time on his phone. 4:43pm. His stomach growled as he has not yet eaten for the day. He wasn't in the mood to eat either. Jax noticed the noise his friend's body had made.

"Why don't we go out to eat?" Jax suggested.

"You guys go. I can't afford it." Ein dismissed them.

Jax and Ryder nodded at each other, having the same idea. They both got up from their sat position and each grabbed one of Ein's arms, dragging him to his feet. Ein was surprised at his new friends' actions. Jax and Ryder pulled Ein all the way to the nearest bus stop.

"We're taking you out to eat," Ryder said.

"What? No, no, no, no, no. I can't ask you to do that!" Ein stammered.

"You're not. We're offering." Jax corrected him. "We're going to Lucy's diner. She has the best fries!"

The 204 bus came to a stop in front of the boys. Jax and Ryder took a seat at the back. In front of them, Ein was standing as he usually does.

"Have you ever been to Lucy's diner?" Ryder asked Ein.

"No,"

The sitting duo's eyes widened. "What?" They said in unison.

They both started talking about how good the food was and how nice Lucy, the owner, was. The werewolves really enjoyed that place.

It took them a dozen minutes to arrive at their stop. The trio made their way to the diner and walked in. The diner had a retro feel and split in two. The seats were pastel pink and blue. One side had a counter with barstools with the servers and kitchen on the other side. The other side of the diner had booths. The werewolves went to a booth. Jax and Ryder are sitting on one side. Ein, the other. A young woman approached them with menus.

"Hi y'all, what can I get for ya?"

"Jax and I will have our usual, please, Lucy," Ryder said. Lucy turned to Ein.

"I need a bit more time, please."

"No problem!" The woman took Jax and Ryder's menus and left.

It was silent at the table while Ein was deciding whether he should take anything. He didn't want his friends spending money on him, because why should they? The werewolf wasn't worth it. He wasn't worth their money. He wasn't worth their time. And wasn't worth being their friend. He decided he wouldn't be much more of a burden.

"I won't have anything," Ein said, folding and putting down his menu.

"What? But you haven't eaten all day!" Jax argued.

Lucy came to the table with Jax and Ryder's orders. "What will you have?" She asked Ein.

Before Ein could say that he would have nothing, Jax stepped up. "He'll have the Belgian waffles and a raspberry milkshake!"

"Perfect!" Lucy grabbed Ein's menu and left the table.

Ein couldn't believe his friend. He was stunned by Jax's action. Why would he have done that? The werewolf stayed quiet. Why would they want to spend money on him? No one ever has. His food came quickly. He felt as if he took an eternity to grab his fork and take a bite.

"So, how is it?" Ryder asked.

"Yeah, no, it's pretty good," Ein admitted.

Jax and Ryder high-fived each other. They had got another person to enjoy their favourite restaurant with them, and that was a victory. The high five made Ein chuckle. He knew what the two had high-five about. Ein ate slowly to savour every bite, but mostly so that his friends wouldn't think that he didn't eat at home, which was only a half-truth. He leaned back in his seat, admiring the food and the happiness of his friends in front of him.