5: Supernatural (Royal AU) Part 2

"Good morning Princess. It's time to get up. I've picked a lovely deep blue pantsuit for today," my maid calls, awakening me. I get up and get ready. I relocate to the study. After getting everything ready, I call in the first suitor.

"Prince Caleb." I curtsy politely.

"Princess Jamie," he greets, bowing. The day ticks by slowly as I interview the four remaining princes. Caleb seems eager and answers my questions quickly. Jeremy seems uninterested in chatter, and answers in short responses. Dean acts tough, puts up a façade like he doesn't want to talk about his feelings or tell me the truth. Eventually though, he relaxes and answers my questions honestly.

Dean leaves the study and I call I Prince Sam.

"Prince Sam." I curtsy.

"Princess Jamie." He bows. We take a seat across the mahogany desk from each other.

"So, Sam, what's your favorite color?" Sam looks surprised at my vague question.

"Well, uh, red, I guess."

"And what are your thoughts on puppies? I was thinking of getting one." Sam's eyes brighten.

"I have two puppies. My brother doesn't like them because they pee everywhere, but they're so cute." The pitch of Sam's voice rises a little. We talk excitedly about puppies for a while, then hunting, and family life. I dismiss him from the study, and my parents arrive to discuss the interviews with me.

"How did it go?" my mom asks excitedly.

"It went very well! In fact I'm already sure of who to eliminate."

"Wonderful! Shall we?" my father booms, motioning to the door.

"We shall," I walk outside and tell the maids to gather the citizens. I exit the palace into the courtyard, taking my seat in the pavillion as the seats fill again.

"Princes of the Kingdoms and people of the Eastern Kingdom. Tonight another of you will be eliminated. Not returning to their kingdom is Princes Dean and Sam, and Prince Caleb. Prince Jeremy is no longer in the running. Tonight is the fifth event. A sword fight to be won against my father. Go and prepare."

...

The courtyard looks so much more lively at night. There are strings of lights hung everywhere. Standing in the center of the courtyard, talking and laughing, are my father and Prince Dean. When the two spot me walking to the pavilion, they wave and smile. I take my seat and smile back. The courtyard fills once again for one of the most exciting events. There are more people present here than the rest of the week. The fight kicks off as my father takes on Prince Caleb. He's a much more compassionate person and not as good with a sword. It takes a minute, but my father takes him down. Prince Sam is next. He's quick and nimble, but no match for my father. Prince Dean steps up. His face is more serious than it was before.

After taking his sword from his sheath, he shakes my dad's hand. The fight commences. Dean's skill equally matches my father's. Dean's quick but not quick enough. My dad slices across Dean's arm.

"Are you alright?" I hear my father ask as Dean continues to fight despite being injured.

"Fine sir."