II. ❝Is this it, Rosie?❞

❝Is this it, Rosie?❞

Rosalyn Adore Potter Ϟ

Rosalyn's sweaty palm held James' in the tightest grip, no longer wearing her wedding dress, instead dressed in James' shirt and baggy joggers. "You must be joking!" Euphemia's voice raised, echoing through the main hall of The Potter Mansion.

"Mother, please-"

"Jameson, I forgave you so easily when you impregnated the muggle-born, I didn't force you into marriage like your grandparents insisted! And yet, you embarrass me once again" She continued, shaking her head, her hand pressed against her forehead.

Rosalyn glanced at Sirius and Regulus, looking down to the floor, "And of all the people you could bind yourself too, bind our legacy too, it's her" Euphemia spat, Rosalyn scoffed lightly - she couldn't help herself, she shook her head at Regulus, who's eyes were now blazing with fury.

"Mother!" James' voice rose, as Euphemia turned to her son with a look of shock, "You've always spoken so lowly of The Sacred Twenty-Eight yet ignore the way that Rosie's been treated?" He scoffed.

"You'd rather her be forced into marriage after marriage, to families of blood purity, you'd rather the girl I love be forced into a life that isn't a life at all?" James continued, shaking his head, "Then you are not the Mother that raised me, my Mother taught me to be a brave Gryffindor, to help the oppressed, to fight the good fight no matter the consequences!"

Euphemia took a step away from her son, looking down to the floor as guilt seeped over her face, "I don't understand your blind hate for me, Mrs Potter, maybe it's something to do with the hostility between me and Evans, maybe it's my heritage, or maybe it's the fact that my late husband died in the place of your son" Rosalyn spoke, clearing her throat.

"The way my fathers have treated me, my sisters, The Sacred Twenty-Eight, the way they treated Evan? It's unspeakable, yet you care for my dearest cousins so well" She cast a smile at Sirius and Regulus, "As though they are not cut from the same cloth. Your hatred for me is unexpected, unnecessary, unwarranted and yet I am now bonded to you via the purity of a marriage promise"

Rosalyn glared up at Euphemia, and for a second she got Deja Vu to her Great Uncle's funeral, "I have too many family members that are already enemies, I have too many people I need to tarnish, please do not make me add your name to that list"

The silence was deafening, as the 17 year old stared into the elder woman's eyes. The 45 seconds of glares felt like forever, until Euphemia finally sighed, "Take the keys to Potter Cottage, I can't look at you right now, I'll send Darcy with your belongings"

Euphemia didn't look at the four teenagers again, the door slamming against it's frame as she left, "What in the hell was that?"

James hand fell from Rosalyn, who rolled her eyes, running a hand through her hair, "That my dear friend, was the Black attitude showing through, we don't really take disrespect lightly" Regulus laughed, throwing his arm over Rosalyn's shoulders.

"By disrespecting my Mother in her own manor? I won't act like her actions are reasoned because they aren't, but either we're yours" James sighed, pulling at his hair.

"So, Potter Cottage, ay?" Sirius questioned, his hands stuffed in his trouser pockets.

"You've officially been kicked out of your second manor" James teased, slapping Sirius on the back with a laugh.