chapter thirteen

Bucky kicked the side stop on his bike after his dismount, eyes scanning over the area for his girl. He smiled to himself as they caught one another's attention, noticing how her face had lit up and she stood up quickly to greet him. Her body was warm wrapped around his, engulfing him in a hug and kissing him secretly before his cheek met his ear. She smelt of lemons and grass.

As she pulled back, he held onto her waist. The others greeted one another.
"Hi."
He said, smiling dopily.
"Proposition for you."

Laecie raised a tipsy eyebrow at him, glassy eyes curious but evidently a bit drunk.
"Yes?"
She questioned, mocking a puzzled face.

"Boat?"
"Boat??"
"Tony's boat?"

Laecie furrowed her brows and looked to her side to see Tony Stark, chatting to a group and using his enthusiastic hands as he spoke. He seemed to be describing something big.

"Isn't it late to be out on the water?"
She asked quietly. Bucky scoffed, rolling his eyes as if she was stupid.
"It's Tony Stark's boat, Lace. It's like, a huge boat."

Tony's head turned at the mention of his name, his face confused but falling back into a boastful smile as he realised they were discussing his boat. He strode over, smiling proudly.
"Are you not coming, lingerie?"
He teased, motioning to Laecie. Bucky laughed at the stupid term, while Laecie looked at him, confused.
"Lingerie?"
"Ya, doesn't matter- are you coming with us or not? There's excellent wine on board I don't think you'll be terribly disappointed."
Tony said quickly coolly. Laecie looked over to Bucky, who tilted his head slightly to see if she was on board. She glanced behind them for a moment, checking to see if everyone else was going. They all looked excited and impatient.

Finally, Laecie shrugged and nodded.
"Okay, we'll go sailing then."

»

Upon arrival, Bucky's guess that Laecie had underestimated what 'Tony Stark's boat' actually meant, was proven true. The yacht was massive, it's second story towering over the group, standing chilly at the pier. Laecie's jaw fell as she looked up at the thing, seemingly in disbelief. In all fairness, Bucky, too, was a little shocked. The boat was far beyond what he had expected. He knew Stark Industries was known for being super innovative and futuristic, but this boat seemed like it had come straight from the next century.

Its' white exterior lit up along the harbour, a bulb lit every few inches on its sides. Laying at the pier was a small drawbridge of sorts, which Tony smugly led his friends onto to enter the boat. He was busy yapping about how his father came up with the design with Tony's own help, and how the boat was his now because of it. He told everyone to make themselves comfortable on the top deck, that he'd be up shortly.

Bucky absentmindedly slid his hand into Laecie's, but the pair were so distracted by the boats interior to even appreciate the moment. The inside was well lit, showcasing art on the walls and futuristic, minimalist furniture in a sort of lounge area by the kitchen. Everything was very modern, seemingly the best of what they could get, very expensive Bucky assumed.

They walked up the stairs, onto the top deck, where there were long white seats built into either side of the boat surrounding a large oakwood bar at the very centre. In it, lights helped to display tons of expensive bottles of liquor lain over ornate glass holsters, below many different cocktail glasses hanging overhead like in fancy bars Bucky had only ever seen in films.

Bucky nodded in approval, turning to Laecie and mouthing 'wow'.

"Okay, a few ground rules here, don't jump out, don't be sick all over my deck and please, for the love of god, pee and have sex in the bathroom below deck only. Everyone good with that?"
Tony announced, walking behind the bar and pouring himself some sort of whiskey or scotch. Everyone agreed in some form, the bustle of voices from the large enough group difficult to differentiate.