~3~

It was the next day. Around 11:30am when Charlie got home wearing the same clothes as yesterday, he would be working the later shift that day so he had plenty of time to shower and change. He thought back over the events of that morning, Esmerelda had let him sleep for a while as she got up early and she made him breakfast to help with his hangover and he felt like he had never even drank the morning before. He knew that he had a new confidant despite how much of delinquent they seemed.

Edward was sat in the kitchen with Bella and Alice. The pixie like Cullen had been curious as to what Charlie had been up to the previous night and knew she could get it out of Charlie without having to listen to his thoughts like Edward was doing. Edward listened to the older Swans thoughts and knew they where innocent enough but couldn't be to sure of the nights events before as they weren't on Charlie's mind. Bella was making herself some dinner and was contemplating calling her dad when she had heared him enter the house. "Hey dad" she said with a smile looking to Charlie as he entered the kitchen, Charlie was slightly suprised to see his kitchen full "Hey Bells, Alice.. Edward nice to see you both." Both the vampires could smell the florel scent all over Charlie and they had no dought despite Bella very much human sences she could smell the perfume if she moved closer to her father.

"Did you enjoy being at your friends last night?" Bella asked making her voice sound nonchalant but it was easy to see she was curious. Charlie's mind flashed over some of the events last night; talking to Esmerelda about everything, drinking, the small beautiful home. "Yeah..." he struggled to find the words for a moment, "Lots of fun." Alice desided this wasn't enough information for her and needed to settle her own curiosity. "This friends of yours have a name?" Charlie took a seat next to his favourite Cullen and turned to face her more and away from Edward who was without a dought his least favourite Cullen even tho he had been acting a lot more civil in the last month and a half.

"Esmerelda Green she's new to town." There was a small smile on the older Swans face as he spoke of the woman in question and it didn't go unnoticed, Bella set a coffee infront of her dad "Here you go dad." Charlie smiled up at his daughter, "Thanks Bells" Alice brought his attention back to her, "So Esmerelda you two just friends or.." she gave a cheeky smile and gave Charlie a small look and Bella and Edward gave Alice an entirely different look as if that was a question they weren't ment to voice. Charlie flushed and he laughed a little awkwardly, "Haha I uhm.." Edward watched over Charlie's thoughts and his own widened a little as the thought of both of Esmerelda and Charlie getting into bed together crossed Charlie's mind.

Esmerelda was out in the town dressed very much like herself, a white off the shoulder shirt and a long purple skirt, she adorned brown boots that had seem better days but there was a touch of sparkle to her as her jewellery jingled as she walked down the street her back slung over her shoulder. Some people staired at her as she went out about her business. Charlie had left his wallet at her place so she was going to take it back to him and then she was going to go do some shopping.

Bella gulped a little but tried to keep a cool exteria but she was not liking the idea of her dad dating some woman that just showed up into town. "Dad?" She tilted her head a little in question, Charlie shook his head and was about to answer the question when there was a knock on the door. Bella despite wanting answered decided to get it not knowing who it could be. Edward was confused as he couldn't hear the person's thought but the scent was the exact one that Charlie had on his clothes.

Bella opened the door and Esmerelda stood on the other side and smiled softly. "Oh hello.. Haha I'm looking for Charlie is he in?" Esmerelda looked to Bella and it registered that this must be Bella. "Yeah he's uh.. In the kitchen. Who are you?" Bella didn't mean to come off so cold to the beautiful woman infront of her but she was worried. "I'm Charlie's friend.. Esmerelda. You must be Bella your father has told me so much about you." It was as if Charlie had recognised the voice from thr kitchen as he got up and headed over smiling at the sight of his friend. Alice and Edward followed after standing just in sight of Esmerelda. Esmerelda smiled and her eyes went to the Cullens widening a little and then looked back to Charlie. "You forgot your wallet." She reached her hand into her bag pulling it out and handed it over. Charlie chuckled still a little flushed, "Haha what am I like. Thanks Esmerelda. Do you want to come in for some coffee?" Bella shot her dad a look as he offered Esmerelda to come on. Charlie didn't see it but Esmerelda did and she shook her head laughing a little, "Haha no it's okay I got some errends to run."

Alice looked over Esmerelda taking her in and she felt herself being dragged into a vision.

Outside of the Cullen home, there was Esmerelda in the arms of Carlisle. He held her close to him as they watched the sun set over the tree line."Why won't you marry me, my dear?" The eldest Cullen whispered to her, and the old witch turned her head still as beautiful as ever, and there were tears in her eyes. "Because it scares me..." Carlisles eyes softend and he kissed her cheek, "Won't you let me help you not be afraid."

Alice snapped out of it, and Edward looked to Alice shocked. He hadn't expected that to happen what so ever. The two Cullens met each others eyes, talking privately to themselves with their eyes. They would have to mention this to the family.