Chapter 3-your hands are really big

What are they doing her Jackson would not invite them I mean "they don't even go here" I quote in my head in Damian's voice from mean girls , I also quickly curse myself for not taking a class on how not to get killed .

I was feeling quite sassy at this party and saw Stacy near by and called her over "Those are the guys who kid napped me !" I tell her exasperated "lets go talk to them !"

As we walked up the guys obviously knew that it was me . "what do you want ." one of them said "actual I wanted to know why you guys kid napped me the other day , and also about the weather how do you feel about this lovely New York weather , its nice rig- " the guy who was driving the car interrupted me " okay , it was just a joke , calm down we just wanted to mess with you ." "I don't even know you guys ? did you just see me and thought oh she'd be an easy target , because I was never in on what ever plan you had and escaped after like 3 minutes ! " I was pissed and extremely sassy that's one of my only defenses and it gets on a lot of people's nerves , those guys included . " Okay we get , just stop talking and leave us alone." "Right because I'm the one who came and harassed you four to one right ?" " We're sorry okay , it won't happen again . " at this point something worse than Those jock monkey's kid napping me happened , Shawn walked up right as jock 1 was finishing his "I'll never hurt you again speech "

Shawn quickly pulled me away from that group of guys "what won't happen again?" he sounded angry . "Shawn I need to talk to you will you follow me ?" he looked like he was about to start crying or killing I really hoped neither would happen . I knew a spot in Jacksons basement that was quite , I led Shawn down there trying to figure out what I'd tell him as to why I didn't tell him what happened in the first place .

"Who were those guys ?" "Shawn you'll just have to hear me out on this one ," ... "okay so remember Monday night ?" he nods "I was walking home and those guys pulled up behind ," I was at this point I was serious considering lying to Shawn , but I knew I was a shit lier and hated to do it ,so I told him the truth . "They are from that school that we beat , they were mad that we won and just wanted to scare me ." Shawn looked furious " Hanna , their were four of them ? " " Shawn , I'm fine nothing happened they just took me to the baseball field and let me out ." now this was a lie but I couldn't tell him what they were trying to do . Shawn had a protective instinct and I knew that he would probably go and give them a beating of a life time even if their were four of them . Shawn looked so frustrated and also like he was about to cry . "please , don't make a big deal out of it " I pleaded to him "just let me give you a ride home next time , and tell me these things ." I was surprised this didn't end worse . When we went back outside the guys were gone and all was good with Shawn and I , I felt bad I hadn't told him sooner but honestly if they wouldn't have been here I most likely never would have told him ,god I'm a terrible person

The night went on and I was having a lot of fun , but at this point in the night most of my friends were drunk and we're doing things they wouldn't want me to repeat Shawn and I on the other hand were in a corner siting quite close to each other i might add , and were carrying on a conversation that started out about social media and then went on through all kinds of weird memes and now was on to me talking about how I was a tumbler crazed 16 year old girl . Shawn was making fun of me and talking about how overrated tumbler was , which I told him if he looked at my page it was no joke . I was getting pretty bored with the party and Shawn was to . "do you want to leave ?" he asked me "I know some place we could go " he told me "what kind of place ?" "you'll like trust me ." I did trust him so I said "lets blow this joint ." in my characteristics sarcastic tone , and we left . he was going a way that I knew had nothing on it but a hiking trail that I loved to go to . I was really confused though because Shawn didn't seem like the lets go take a hike out in the middle of no where New York in my vans and flannel . "I really hope you aren't taking me out here to kill me ." I told him he laughed at my terribly morbid joke and just shook him head "nah man ." he said in a weird hippie like voice .we pulled up to the trail that I go hiking at all the time . "what are we doing here ?" I ask him he just winks at me "stop asking questions . " he tells me . he takes me hand "your hands are really big " I tell him , he starts cracking up literally their was a really cute smirk on his face .

"Maybe your hands are just really small ." he tells me "well they are , but I mean your hand like eats my hand and ... hmm never mind " I smile at him "what ?" it seems like neither of us ever know what's happening which is true on my part but I'm just a little oblivious to the world around me . "one time I went on a run and was running home and then did a cool off walk when I was on my phone , I ended up walking past my neighbor hood and I had no idea where I was ." I blurt out to Shawn "where on Earth did that story come from ?" he questions me laughing I'm just sometimes extremely oblivious . " as if on cue I tripped on a log Shawn and I both burst out in laughter I guess my pain is something REALLY funny .

Shawn and I had been carrying on small talk for a while now and when I looked around I didn't know this part of the trail and realized this didn't even look like a trail it definitely was the "road less traveled " as Robert frost would say . look at me being all poetic . in the distance I heard running water I wondered where this boy who I was quiet infatuated with was taking me .