~TWO

Marcus's P

Marcus's P.O.V.

Knock-knockI knocked on the open door of the apartment in front of ours'."Ow!"

Starla giggled at the noise, probably someone fell.A man in a white button-down tucked in black pants appeared. He was it around my age or maybe older?

"Hey," he said

"Hello, my name is Starla, and what is yours? Also, this is my Daddy" Starla chirped in, I wonder why she is not sleepy today, she's all jumpy and excited.

"Hey, I'm Marcus and She's Starla, your neighbors." After scanning his outfit once again I said "Hopefully we are not disturbing."

"Oh! Not at all, Myself David" with that he extended his arm to shake with mine. After we shake hands, he sat down in front of Starla and spoke up "Hello Munchkin, I'm David, so nice to meet you" After that he bought his hand towards his Pants pocket and from it emerged a bar of chocolate and he gave that to Starla, "Here you go, princess."

"Thank you, Davi" Unlike Starla, she hugged him at the first meeting and also a nickname. He laughed and hugged her back, I didn't even know when a smile crept up on my face seeing both of them.

"Dad" A small boy, maybe somewhere near Starla's age only emerged from the apartment.After seeing all of me and then his father, who has now stood upon his feet with Starla who was standing next to him.

His expressions were blank while examining me or even his father but as soon as his eyes landed on Starla he screamed "Starla" and she squealed back "Jasper" Starla ran towards him, giggling, and hugged him too.

As their hug broke, she turned towards me and said, "Remember Daddy I told you about my classmate, who also sits with me, it's Jasper."I guess she knew he was going to be here that's why she was so jumpy.

"Did you know that he was going to be here?" I asked her voicing my thoughts."Yes!" and with that in front of our eyes, she dragged Jasper with her and into our apartment.Sigh.

Turning towards David, who was still looking where the kids went with a smile on his face, I spoke up to him "Sorry about that, I hope that you don't mind them playing there, knowing Starla I'm sure they had already started playing." With an awkward laugh, I finished.

"No, not at all."Awkward silence, oh how much I hate it.

"So, you guys had dinner?" he asked me "Yeah, we did, um, would you like come at ours, look what both of them are up to?""Yeah sure."

With that, he went inside his apartment, from the stand picked up his keys, locked the door, and followed me to ours.After David and I entered the apartment, I closed shut the door to my apartment and turned back to see Starla and Jasper On the floor in the living room playing with Starla's toy cars.

"Why do you only have cars with you Starla?" surprisingly David directed this question towards Starla."Because I love Cars!!"Laughing I went into the kitchen, kept the cake on a plate, with four small plates and forks.

"Cake Time," I told everyone"Yayyy!!!!!" both of the kids squealed together

"I hope you don't mind, I just bought it today. Is it okay?" I asked David, with a crooked smile on his face he nodded and continued, "It's perfectly fine Marcus."

After we had our share of cake both of the kids seemed very sleepy, so I asked Starla if she wanted to go to sleep, and her answer was a big NO.

"No, you are going to sleep right now Starla, right now, you have school tomorrow.""Daddy please only 5 minutes more, I want to play with Jasper." She said perfectly using her puppy eyes on me."No""Davi please say to Daddy, I want to play more.""Princess, you can play with Jasper tomorrow, now we live near your place also, am I right?"She nodded, the little tosser"Daddy, take me to sleep" "Please"

Sighing I picked her up, and faced David, "Thank you"."We'll get going now" I nodded to him and he picked up JasperNodding again at each other, I walked him towards the door and when both of them was out David spoke up

"Thank you, Marcus"

I nodded and shut the door as he entered his.

As Starla was still in my arms, I carried her to her room and tucked her in bed.

Don't forget to vote and comment.