~THREE

Marcus's P

Marcus's P.O.V.

"Good morning princess, wake up now"

Every day, every single day I try to wake the little sleeper and she ignores me and continues sleeping.

"Wake up Starla or else I'll tickle you"

"I'm UP" she squealed and then launched herself on me.

Carrying her towards the bathroom I dropped her on the counter and picked her toothbrush, applied some toothpaste on it, and gave it to her, while she brushed her teeth, I prepared a bath for her.

Finally, when she was ready in her school uniform, breakfast done, I was taking her towards the car she asked me, "Daddy can we take Jasper with us, we can go and come back together."Turning towards her I said, "Starla I'll ask Jasper's Dad if he is comfortable with sending Jasper with us, okay?"

"Okay, also nobody can deny you when you ask in your strict tone." Laughing I buckled her up in the back seat and boop her nose.The ride was not long, especially with Starla screaming the Barbie song, which she requested me to play.

Ten minutes and we were at her school, I got out of the car and helped her get out, took her to the main gate, and kneeled in front of her like every other school day, "Be good Starla, Okay?" "Yes Daddy, Bye!!" and she ran inside the school, her blue backpack on her back while she ran dangling.

After another 5-minute drive back towards the building of our apartment, I stopped in front of the Café.

The café was right in the middle of the town, with on the right is the building where our apartment is and on the left is the school both at a 5-minute ride.

Time seemed to pass by fast today, customers came, ordered, paid, and went by.The most product that is brought is coffee, seems like everyone needs their morning coffees.The chime of the bell brings me out of my thoughts. What I not thought of was David coming here that to around noon, neither is it time for Jasper and Starla to finish their school, neither it is most likely for nearby offices for their lunch breaks at this time.

"Hi! I didn't know you worked here."Laughing I asked "what can I get you today? David"

He seemed to go through our menu and list for various items we had.

"A normal filter coffee, with a sandwich please.""Which one of the sandwiches?""What do you suggest?""I mostly prefer a cream sandwich, Starla loves it and would you like to try it?""Sure, how much of the total?" "Oh! Leave it, it's on the house."

As I served him his coffee and sandwich, my cell phone started to ring."Hello?""Am I talking to Starla Brown's Father?" the lady on the other side spoke in the most professional tone."Yes, you are, how can I help you? Is everything alright?""Sir, your daughter is crying nonstop, please come to the school and take her home for today.""Yeah, sure" and just with that, I ended the call.

As I turned back towards the sitting area, I saw David also received a call. As his call finished his eyes met mine, he stood up from the table he was sitting came towards the counter, while I removed the apron I was wearing.

"Umm, are going somewhere?""Yeah, got a call from school, need to pick up Starla." "I need to pick up Jasper too." His words caused a halt in my movements, and I faced him with an eyebrow raised, "C'mon, I'm taking my car"

With that, both of us got seated in my car, me in the driving seat, him in the passenger.

"Any guesses what may happen?" he asked"The teacher said Starla was crying, nothing else, I'm just worried about her. What about Jasper, what happened to him?""Fought with some other boy" Sighing he started again, "jasper never did something like this, even after what happened last year, he just turned into a quiet little boy."

I wanted to ask questions, to everyone

What caused Starla to cry? Her crying was a very big deal to me, she never cried.Why was Jasper in a fight, what happened?What was going at the school, what happened with both of the kids?What caused Jasper to turn into a shy boy?And most importantly, what is happening in David's life?

Why was Jasper in a fight, what happened?What was going at the school, what happened with both of the kids?What caused Jasper to turn into a shy boy?And most importantly, what is happening in David's life?

~Don't forget to Vote and Comment