Lights and Colors || 10

Finally;

Aera found herself sitting in the regular rolling chair, in her doctor's cabin, feeling a big hand resting on her shoulder, making her lips tug upwards for a bit. Her hand moved up, holding Jungkook's tightly as she heard the doctor chuckling softly along with her eldest brother.

The same scent danced in her nostrils yet again, earning a small sneeze from her as even after so many years she couldn't bring herself to adapt the strong deodorant of the man who performed her regular check ups.

She sighed, rubbing her nose from the back of her hand, feeling gentle brushes of the fabric that probably belonged to the doctor's coat, when his hand moved in a probable circular motion, unwrapping the layer of bandage around her head.

Jungkook stared at Aera, a smile stretching his lips upwards while eyes glistening in warm tears. He looked to his side where the eldest brother stood, chewing on his lower lip, a soft gaze fixed on the ten year-old. Jungkook nodded assuringly, feeling a squeeze on his shoulder from the elder's hand.

"Open your eyes slowly okay?" The doctor said, removing the last layer of bandage and the soft cotton pieces that were placed on top of her eyes.

Aera nodded subtly, feeling the darkness gradually fading away as her eyes fluttered open, sending a new, unfamiliar feeling to all parts of her body. Her hand clutched onto Jungkook's tightly, gasping and shutting her eyes again, covering them with her other one.

"Its fine Aera, open your eyes." He caressed her hand gently, while Jimin stepped forward, kneeling in front of her chair, placing his hand above Aera's and uncovered her eyes.

"Open your eyes, princess, oppa's right here."

Aera took a deep breath, licking her lips nervously, opening her eyes again and felt the extreme intensity of light from her surroundings. She blinked a few times, allowing the pupils to take their time and adjust to the bright light.

A faint image of something in front of her formed in her eyes, making her frown as she blinked again and looked around, gasping at sight.

"oppa?" She called softly.

"Yes honey" Jimin responded, holding her hand and making her look at him.

"this is... this is you?" Her voice came out like a whisper for the brother.

"Yes" He nodded, smiling as Aera lifted her hand slowly moving it towards Jimin's face, feeling his cheeks and nose and lips and eyes.

"my Jimin oppa..." she smiled to herself, blinking again, leaning forward to see him more clearly.

Jimin looked down for a second, wiping off the tears that left his eyes due to excessive happiness he was feeling at the thought of his sister finally being able to see after practically spending all her life midst darkness. He looked up, seeing her smiling as she was now looking at Jungkook who was smiling one of his widest smiles.

"Thank you so much, Dr Joe" Jimin said, standing up and shaking the man's hand.

"That's my job, Mr Jeon. I'm glad I could help Aera gain her sight back." He smiled back patting Jimin's shoulder.

Aera stood up, holding Jungkook's hand staring at the ground as she walked out with him and Jimin following behind them. Her eyes wandered around, gaping at everything in awe. Jungkook opened the door of the car and waited for Aera to get in once she was done studying and analyzing the material, surface and color of the car.

"This is the car in which we go for a drive?" She asked, recognising the vehicle as her hand touched the handle and the windows.

"Yeah, and we'll go again." Jimin said, "now get in, you must be hungry."