Chapter 25

"Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like the team of Coventry started to cheer, although there's still thirty minutes left of the match and nothing's sure yet. Judging by the look on coach Hamilton's face, no need to give it up, the boys might have a few more tricks up their sleeves."

The voice of the commentator startled Harry and he realised how much time had actually passed. His friends tried to understand what was going on, but he refused to give them the details. He wasn't ready to admit he really offered his foolish heart to the other on a silver tray and all Louis could do was running away from him. If he said it out loud, it would become real... too real.

Through the game, he listened to the ongoing conversation and the observations of the commentator as well, while he also didn't stop watching every move of his footballer. It's not like he paid any attention to the curly headed one, but who else would of been the center of Harry's interest?

As Zayn suddenly got the ball, waves of excitement flashed through the whole crowd of fans. Since the scoreboard didn't look great, the hopes of the spectators started to die down; however, the running black haired boy revived the tiny amount of hope they still had.

"Malik has the ball, he's heading right towards the gate... Dawson on the other side is one of the fastest players of Coventry, he's following every move of Malik..." the commentator kept talking, then hissed in a painful tone. "....Aaand he fell over Dawson's leg, who has the ball now. Looks like the referee didn't consider it as an unfair attack and the game won't stop."

"This asshole is with the bitches from Coventry, I swear," Ellie snorted and sat back on the bleacher. "That guy clearly did that so Zayn would fall over and he acts like it's been nothing!"

"I don't know, it wasn't that obvious for me." Liam shrugged, but the answer was a quite spectacular look from the girl.

"Interesting... you should be protective about him, not me..."

"No, and before you say it, no, he's not my boyfriend."

"Then what is this thing between the two of you...?"

"Ells, don't" Harry interrupted them, because the last thing he needed at the moment was listening to his close friends arguing over something which was clearly off the table. "He doesn't wanna talk about it."

His best friend glanced at the younger one and the tone he used woke up the guilty feeling in him. He expected Harry to tell him everything about his life, but in these past few weeks he kind of shut him out of his own life. The excuse about not being able to discuss the sensitive topic yet felt weak even for him, moreover Harry looked like a depressed puppy again and Liam knew the most he could do for him at the moment was coming up with a distraction.

"Actually..." Liam cleared his throat, his heart pounding faster than ever. "There's uh... a few stuff I want to share with you, if you're interested."

The younger boy immediately perked up and forgot about the match and everything else. He's been trying to make him open up for so long now; the fact that he was willing to talk seemed like a huge breakthrough.

"Of course." he bit his lower lip in concern, since he had no idea what to expect. Ellie nodded along and did her best not to look too excited.

"He's NOT my boyfriend and never will be. I'd appreciate, if you understood this, okay?" the boy in the middle started quite nervous, while watching the game. This made it easier to let go of the huge weight, which he felt like he had to deal with on his own. "I didn't like him and I'm still not sure if I do now or not... I mean he's really annoying, unnecessarily confident and thinks he can mess with anyone if he wants to."