Chapter 5.I

You and Wendy were at the mall, making your way back to town once you were done having some lunch there. You laughed along with her as she was making fun of her ex-boyfriend, who had just snapped a string on his guitar.

"Oh man, that was your ex?"

"Yeah, I have no idea he would be such a noob."

You continued to laugh as you stretched your back, yawning softly. Looking down at your phone, you realized that the both of you were going back to her car and driving back to the shack. "Man I hate working.."

"But you get paid, don't you?"

"Yeah, but you know, it still sucks that I have to pay the government even though they aren't really doing anything."

You smiled and nodded your head with understanding. Wendy parked a good distance away from the building, opening the passenger door and making your way inside.

"You go on ahead, I have to get something from my parent's place."

"Okay, I'll see you later."

Making your way through, you failed to notice the slick black BMW parked in the back of the shack. Looking down at your phone since you've received a text, you still opened the door and came in.

"Hey Dipper, I was thinking maybe we ca--"

Looking up from your phone, you noticed that there was a blonde girl about the same age as you, holding Dipper by the collar of his shirt. They both looked at you, Dipper in shock and the blonde girl with an annoyed glare. You're eyes widened as you recognized the simple annoyed glare.

"Oh my god. [ f/n ] [ l/n ]? The [ f/n ] [ l/n ]?"

You rolled your eyes as she paid more attention to you instead of Dipper. He looked back and forth at the both of you, blinking his eyes from confusion. "Wait, you guys know each other?"

"Sadly, we do. But it isn't the terms you are thinking of."

You crossed your arms as she approached you're, her hands resting on her hips. She had a smug smirk placed on her lips, gently flipping her hair out of the way in a fancy matter.

"What are you doing here, anyways? I thought you would be in the Bahamas instead of a small town like this."

"Well I live on top of that hill so I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you don't, just like the time when Charles said he didn't want to go to the Homecoming dance with you."

You laughed at your comeback, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment and her porcelain white teeth grinding against each other with frustration. She let out a small 'hmph' and that just made your smirk grow bigger. She crossed her arms over her chest as she placed her weight on one foot, glaring you down as hard as she could. You did the same, the smirk on your lips not faltering. Pacifica sighed annoyingly, looking away from your gaze.

"Anyways, I came here to ask for help Dipper."

"What happened now?"

"My house is under attack from a ghost. If you don't help me, then this year's party will be ruined!"

Mabel gasped, looking from the bottom of the stairs and slightly hiding behind the wall. You let out another tired sigh as you went to Dipper's fridge to get some of his Pitt Soda. Opening it, you drank from it before looking at the two.

"Is it that party that you hold, every year?"

"Yeah, what of it?"

"I remember one of your friends used to ask me if I got invited back then. I didn't think you would continue with these kind of parties."

"First of all: Its a Northwest Tradition. You wouldn't know of it. Secondly: I don't let people like you know about it because I don't want anything bad to happen at my party."

You looked over to where Dipper was, only to find him being taken away from his twin sister. You let out a small sigh before uncrossing your arms, walking pass her. She gave you a questioning look at you, noticing that you were going through his fridge for a soda.

"What is your real reason for being here, Pacifica?"

She didn't respond for a moment before nervously rubbing her right arm nervously. She didn't look at you but then took up the courage to answer you're question.

"There's a ghost haunting the Northwest Manor. I don't know what to do. I wanted to ask Dipper to see if he would help me."

"Do you have invitations to the party?"

"Wh-Why?"

"Mabel and her friends are probably wanting to go. So I suggest you have 3 ready."

Pacifica groaned and rubbed the bridge of her nose, letting out a sigh before nodding her head agreeing. You smiled before approaching her, you're Pitt Soda in your hand as you placed your hand on your hip. She looked at you for a minute before looking away, her cheeks dusting pink.

"You know..I didn't mean to bully you when we were smaller. I was just jealous.. of you."

"Of what? I don't really have anything."

"Yes you did! People liked you, and other kids would always hang out with you.."

You looked at her and sighed, rubbing the back of your neck. You peeked to the side that Mabel was still talking with her twin brother, returning your original position which was in front of the blonde. Placing you're soda down, you placed your hands on her shoulders, catching her by surprise.

"Look, I didn't do anything. But since you seem like you're being honest here, I will help you at the party. And I'm pretty sure Dipper and Mabel would love to be your friends if you just be yourself."

She looked at you for a moment before giving a hesitant smile, shyly rubbing her arm. You sighed as you smiled at her direction, taking a seat on the dinner table. Dipper soon came back, ruffling his hair slightly.

"Alright, I'll help you if you give me 3 invitations to the party."

"Okay."

"O-Okay?"

"Yep."

She said before reaching into her bag and taking out 3 golden invitations. Mabel, Grendel and Candy all squealed making you chuckle. You saw Dipper soon coming back from the front, holding the invitations and giving them to Mabel.

"Candy! Grendel! Get the glue gun, We're making out dresses!"

You saw the childish looking girls run up the stairs as they gathered as much fabric they could muster. Looking at the other Pine Twin, he was rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Looking at him, you were curious to what he wanted to say when he was opening and closing his mouth constantly.

"So uh..you going to the party..?"

"Well since The Pacifica asked for you're help on solving a case. I think I want to see her reaction." You replied, giving Dipper the softest smile you could muster. His cheeks continued to turn into a shade of pink, looking away nervously as you started to laugh. "I'll see you at the party, Dipper."