Chapter 1

"Yes, I do Harry

"Yes, I do Harry. I want a normal year too"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our story starts on the train to Hogwarts

Nobody's P.O.V

On the train heading to Hogwarts In a compartment was Neville and Seamus. They were currently talking on how so much time has past and how they couldn't believe they were in there fifth year already. 

"I can't believe we're going into our 5th year" said Neville.

"I know it seams only yesterday we were being sorted into our houses" Seamus said

Flashback

The group of first years followed Minerva McGonagall into the Great Hall

"It's not real the ceiling, it's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts and History" Hermione told Pansy Parkinson.

"Wait along here please" McGonagall told the group. "Now before we begin Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words.

Dumbledore stood up.

"I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch," he signals to ragged old man with a cat with red eyes, has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you"

Dumbledore sits down again.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger."

"Oh, no. Okay, relax" Hermione says as she made her way up to the stool.

"Mental that one, I'm telling you" Ron says

Harry nods in agreement.

"Ah, right then...hmm...right. Okay...Gryffindor!!" The sorting hat shouts

The Gryffindor table cheers

Hermione jumps off with a smile.

"Draco Malfoy"

Draco saunters up proudly. The tattered hat nearly freaks before touching down on Dracos head.

"SLYTHERIN!"

"There isn't a witch or wizard who went bad who wasnt in Slytherin"

:"Susan Bones" McGonagall calls

A small, redhead goes up.

Harry looks around and spots a black haired, pale teacher, Severus Snape, looking at him. His scar hurts.

"Ahh!" Harry exclaims as he puts hand on forehead

"Harry, what is it?" Ron asked concerned.

"Nothing...it's nothing, I'm fine"

"Let's see...I know...Hufflepuff!"

"Ronald Weasley"

Ron gulps and walks up. He sits down and the hat is put on.

"Ah! Another Weasley. I know just where to put you...Gryffindor!!"

Ron Sighs in relief

The Gryffindor table cheers once again.

"Harry Potter"

Everything goes silent. Harry walks up and sits down.

"Hmm...difficult, very difficult. Plenty of courage I see, not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?"

Harry whispers something

"Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know. Its all here in your head. And Slytherin will help you on your way to greatness! There's no doubt about that! No? {Harry whispers: Not Slytherin...anything but Slytherin} Well, if youre sure...better be...GRYFFINDOR!!"

There is an immense cheering and Harry goes to the Gryffindor table.

Fred and George are also there, and cheer "We got Potter! We got Potter!" They exclaim loudly

Harry sits down.

McGonagall dings a spoon against a cup "Your attention, please"

Dumbledore stands up "Let the feast...begin"

Flashback ended

They both smiled at the memory. Neville opened his mouth to say something else when there compartment door slide open and there stood Hermione, Ron,  Harry, and Ginny. 

"Hey guys. Can we sit with you?" Hermione asked.

"Of course" Neville said gesturing to the seats that were open. Neville was happily to admit that had a small crush on Hermione last year. He found it hard not too. She was kind, smart, and helpful. Especially when he messed up on a spell or potion even if it ment losing points for Gryffindor. Of course he didn't have a crush on her anymore, not since he realized she didn't actually feel the same way. He didn't really mind anyway, he was happy with just friends. 

Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Ginny sat down in the open seat. Harry and Gin y sat down next to each other as Harry wrapped his arm around Ginny's shoulders and she laying her head on his. Hermione sat in the open seat next to Neville and Ron sat in the only open seat which was next to Seamus. That didn't stop him from looking over at Hermione wishing it was him next to her Instead of Neville. 

"I hope it's a normal year" Harry says

Hermione laughed as everyone looked at her

"When have we ever had a normal year at Hogwarts Harry?" She asked pointing out the obvious. It was pretty clear to her by now that they were never going to get a normal year. 

Harry shrugged and smiled awkwardly.

"You know what I mean" Harry says with a slight roll of his eyes. Besides, a guy can wish sometimes. Even if it has no chance of happening. 

"Yes, I do Harry. I want a normal year too" Hermione stated with a small smile but a wishful look in her eyes. 

Little did she know It wasn't going to get a normal year. That in not even two days her wish for a normal year goes out the window. That in two days her life was going to change forever.