―5, 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗁𝗎𝗁

Jisung glanced at the dark sky outside the window. The sky was tar-black and the large clouds were moving towards him. Well, just like the rainy day years ago, drizzling with rain drops.

He closed his eyes and enjoyed the music to his ears.

That time, Jaemin was holding an umbrella to find him.

That time, Jaemin was running and even dirtied his shoes.

That time, Jaemin was taking care of him with nothing but gentleness.

That time, Jaemin was giving him his own warmth.

In fact, Jisung knew from the very start, that Na Jaemin lied to him intentionally. He knew that Jaemin made such a cruel decision to let Jisung wait outside the campus while he himself went home and cleaned himself up.

Jisung knew.

He wasn't stupid.

And yet, he still followed Jaemin's words.

He didn't know why.

Maybe... he trusted Jaemin enough and thought that he would regret his decision and come back to get him? Well, Jaemin did come back to find him, didn't he? He regretted it.

A sudden gust of wind blew from outside the window and hit Jisung in the face with no mercy.

 As if fire was burning in his chest, Jisung sneezed and tiredness struck in, so he closed his eyes and pulled his blanket until it reached his chin.

Sleep, it'll get better.

It's what Jaemin hyung always said.

03:15

Jaemin sighed and retrieved his gaze from his watch.

Subconsciously, he stopped in front of Jisung's room. He brought up his hands and knocked on the door.

Silence.

"Sung?"

Jaemin hesitated for a moment, but still pushed the door open softly.

His room is tidy.

What caught his eyes was a fragile figure lying on the bed. Jisung's whole body but his arms and face were exposed outside the heavy duvet.

The moment Jaemin's fingertip touched Jisung's skin, he took a step back. It's burning hot. He looked up and noticed that Jisung's soft cheeks were abnormally pale. Leaning closer, Jaemin saw drops of sweat hanging on his forehead.

Jisung stirred and blinked his eyes open, shocked by the appearance of Jaemin.

"...Hyung-"

"You're sick." Jaemin interrupted him.

After a long pause, Jisung sighed heavily.

"What's wrong?" 

"It's okay, hyung. I'll buy some medicines for myself later."

Staring at the boy, Jaemin immediately understood what Jisung was thinking.

"You stay here. I'll get them for you."

"No, it's okay! I'll do it my-"

"Hey. It's fine. I'm free now"

A sudden urge of emotions filled Jisung's chest, and he couldn't help but let out a sob. A tear dipped down his cheek before he could wipe it.

"Shit, no no- Jisung, why are you crying?" Jaemin panicked and pulled his sleeve over his hand to dab at Jisung's face softly.

Jisung lowered his head. He didn't want Jaemin to see his tears dropping, so he hid his face in his hands and cried silently.

"Sung... It's fine, really. You're not a burden."

Sung?

Jaemin hyung called me Sung.

After all these years, he still remembers my nickname.

It was meant to calm the currently sick boy down, however, Jisung only started crying louder, trembling chest, non-stopping tears and all. Jisung whimpered loudly, gut wrenching sobs tore through Jaemin's chest.

Not knowing what to do, Jaemin wrapped Jisung in his strong arms and buried his face in the crying boy's hair, mumbling soothing words for him and only him to hear. Jisung weakly clutched onto Jaemin's shirt and pressed his face against Jaemin's shirt.

When the sobs soften down, Jaemin gently cradled a side of the boy's cheeks, "Jisung, I want you to know that you're not troubling me, kay? You never would. Even if you do... I don't mind, for real."

"But-"

"No buts, Sung. You live here now. And I'm your friend. I'm willing to let you stay here and take care of you."

Friend.

Of course. What else would they be?

Jaemin did not say another word. He grabbed the duvet and draped the duvet over Jisung's body and sprung out of the house to get the damn medicines from the store nearby.

So... friends huh?

Jaemin hyung probably forgot what he had done before he left.

Why wouldn't he? It's been five years.

Is it weird that I'm feeling so... disappointed?

Did the kiss mean nothing to him?

_____

A/N: aaaaa I am so sorry for the late update I was focusing on my study :')) Anyway this chapter is kinda short, but I hope you enjoyed it! I'll tRy to update the next part uhhh this week ig. Thanks for waiting!