One

A/n
Told y'all this was my brain dump account-

Normani scowls at her best friend, "I wouldn't be caught dead at that diner." She says harshly. Lauren smiles, "Come on, Normani! For me? I know a waiter who you would be interested in... he's cute." She says. Normani raises an eyebrow, "I don't have time to be conversing with minimum wage scum. Or anyone in general." She waves off. Lauren glares and points at herself, "I'm a minimum wage scum, bitch." She says incredulously. Normani shakes her head, "You don't count." She says as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Lauren shrugs, "But, come on! They have the best croissants! You know how you like croissants..." She says, lowkey bribing Normani. Normani pouts slightly, "I do love croissants... fine, I guess I'll go, only to taste the croissants." She says, putting on her Gucci jacket that matched her pants and grabbing her keys to her Rolls Royce. Lauren sighs dreamily, "To be rich is the dream. You have to buy me one of those outfits." She exclaims. Normani huffed, "These outfits cost a fortune but, anything for you, Lauren." She says softly making her best friend of 11 years squeal,

" She says softly making her best friend of 11 years squeal,

(Imagine without the blue jacket^)

(Normani's Rolls Royce^)

(The inside of the Rolls Royce^)

"I swear, Normani, let me work at your music studio!" Lauren whined. Normani raises an eyebrow as she starts her car, "You can't mix ... for shit." She says bluntly making Lauren roll her eyes, "Singer or sumn! Assistant, anything!" She exclaims. Normani flashes an amused smile, "I'll think about it." She says jokingly, knowing it's only a matter of time before she gives in to Lauren's request as she backed out of her parking spot.

Some know Normani as a cold hearted bitch who cares about herself, others know her as a woman who took pride in her success, only to be corrupted by the thought of her being better than everybody. Not only that, she's one of the youngest women to graduate college, if not the only, which added onto her arrogance. So, it came to a shocker that she had someone around who was willing to put up with her bullshit.

But, what some don't know, Normani has a soft spot for Lauren. The girl is like a sister she never wanted, but was blessed to have.

Normani cringes at the sight of the diner, "I am so not going to like this place." She says, rubbing her forehead. Lauren grins, "I bet you a thousand you will." She says, knowing that Normani would never lie, if she liked something, she liked it. If she didn't, you would know. Normani snorts, "You don't have a thousand to bet." She points out with a slight smirk. Lauren smirks back, "But, you do. And, I know I'm going to win this bet." She says. Normani rolls her eyes and unbuckles her seatbelt, "Whatever you say, Lauren." She says.

The duo walked into the diner, quite a few people staring at them because of the car they got out of and because of Normani's outfit, "You couldn't have wore anything less... attention grabbing... ya know?" Lauren asks lowly. Normani scowls deeply, "I will NOT dim myself down to such standards just because of some old run down diner, I will wear what I please, I don't dress to please poor people." She snaps. Lauren raises her hands in defense, "My bad." She says, starting to question how Normani and she became friends in the first place.

"Well, did you have to bring the Rolls Royce?" Lauren asks, pulling out Normani's chair like the gentlewoman she was before sitting down herself, "Like I said, I do what a please, Lauren, I do NOT have to please poor people." Normani says while looking at her menu. Lauren shakes her head with a slight smile, "Whatever you say, Mani." She says. Behind the menu, Normani smiled softly, glad that Lauren knows how to put up with her difficult attitude. Lauren grins, "Plus, aren't you glad I don't have to spend a fortune on me today?" She asks.

To put it simple, Normani spoils Lauren.

A lot.

Normani laughs, "You just don't know, Laur. I'd give up about anything to keep you happy." She says honestly. Lauren turns red and smiles, "You're sweet, Mani. But, channel that energy into finding a man... or woman." She giggles out. Normani scoffs, "My mother was-" "-A single mother who raised you, your two brothers and three sisters by working five jobs non stop to keep smiles on your faces, I know. You told me, but your mother had a husband once. She had someone to love her and love on her before he passed away, Mama Andrea tells me this story too. You need someone-"

"I do not need ANYONE!" Normani hisses out. She hated the thought of NEEDING someone. Normani had been like this since she was a child. Ever since her dad passed, she changed. For the worse or better, no one knew. Lauren winced slightly. It was rare that Normani ever raised her voice at her so, it scared her a little as she had a bad past with people yelling or even getting too close to her with an angry look. Normani notices this and her face softens, "I don't need anyone, Laur. I'm good on my own. With you of course." She reassured making Lauren pout.

Just then, a very beautiful waitress walks up to the duo making Normani do a double take. She had never seen anyone so... breathtaking. She had long blonde hair with beautiful brown eyes, she stood around 5'8", just a few inches taller than Normani herself. Her features were soft with her cheeks being a light red. Not only that, the woman had a body handcrafted by the Gods. Her uniform hugged her figure tightly, pushing her already nice size boobs up and revealing her thick, caramel thighs, "Hi, my name is Dinah Jane, how may I take your order?" She asks, smiling softly at the melanin skin girl who was obviously checking her out.

Normani knew right then and there she went to glory. This Dinah Jane woman was very soft spoken and had a smile out of this world, a smile that rivaled her own, not to be cocky. Even though she was soft spoken, you could see the hidden mischief in her eyes. Lauren looks at Normani with a confused and irritated look until she saw the look on the older woman's face. Lauren gasps softly before speaking up, "You must be new here, I've never seen you here before and I come here a lot." She says to the waitress who looks at her with a wide smile,

"Yeah, this is my uncle's restaurant. I needed some money to pay for my scholarship to college so, here I am." Dinah explains. Normani didn't say anything, her eyes were still glued on Dinah's heavenly figure. Lauren grins, "That's what's up, what are you going for?" She asks. Dinah grins, "Music Production." She says. Lauren grins as well and smacks the back of Normani's head, "Ow! Bitch, watch it, this weave costs more than yo life." She growls out. Dinah giggles, "Wow, feisty, huh?" She asks. Lauren laughs, "You have noooo fucking idea." She groans out.

Dinah places both of her hands on the table and looks at Normani, "So, what can I get you, cutie?" She flirts making Normani squeak and cover her mouth. Lauren suppresses a giggle, "What happened to bad bitch, arrogant Normani, huh?" She taunts. Normani glares harshly at Lauren, "I will cut you, Lauren." She threatens. Lauren waves Normani off, "She'll have one of your croissants and I'll have a breakfast platter, now, was that so hard?" She asks the heated woman.

Dinah bites her lip and stands up, "Such a shame, I wanted to hear you speak to me, cutie. Guess you took too much time staring at my chest." She says before walking away making Normani's jaw drop and making Lauren laugh loudly.