The Past

3 Months ago

"Essieeeee!" A loud screech pierced my ears.
"Ivy for God's sake don't shout like the world is ending!" I curled myself up in the blankets and shoved my face into the pillows, all set to fall asleep again, but then again another scream near my ear. And this time with a sharp poke at my ribcage.

"I swear Miss Avalon Parker I'll break your-" I shouted guarding myself from her constant sharp pokes .

"Happy 20th birthday miss Scarlet Willson! My baby boo, my lil munchkin!" Ivy shouted in a baby voice.
"What birthday? Whose birthday??" I looked at her excited face confusingly, still sleepy.
"Yours!" She giggled.
"Mine?Wait no it's not, see-" I switched on my phone screen and the date was... 7th March!  "Wait- never mind.. Happy birthday to me."

The city outside is hazy and wet. It rained cats and dogs yesterday night and now we can see the grumpy face of the grey sky behind the white curtains and long glass windows. It's such a lovely day. A lovely Sunday to be specific.

Though I had a plan to sleep a little more today but I was forced to take a shower and come out for breakfast in a clean beautiful cloth, cause she says we need a sense of ritual in our everyday life.
I always like to spend some extra time in shower. For the singing concerts I hold in the washroom, or the little acting sessions. I mean it's always more than just shower!

But today I brushed my teeth, took a shower and when I came out it's exact 8:00am on the clock.
"Cool this is the fastest I could ever do" I stood in front the mirror admiring my body, proudly smiling as I broke my own record.
"Now.. let's find something to wear. I know you look like a supermodel in this towel but you need to wear some actual dress you see-" I took a oversized white hoodie from the wardrobe. It's almost the end of winter in Richmond but the rain made the weather chilly again.

"Breakfast's ready."

I took a dash from my room to kitchen and the moment I step in the hall the fragrance of foods met my nose. And the dining table was filled with delicacies.

"Holy cow! Is it heaven I see?" I couldn't control myself and ran over to the dining table. Every dish on the table was making me drool all over. Pancakes, waffles topped with sliced strawberries and blueberries, eggs Benedict and last but not the least  chocolate smoothie with whipped cream and chocolate chips on top.... OH MY!!

" Today let me serve the Queen. This servant cooked all this by herself. See if it's your liking." Ivy landed another sharp poke in my belly knowing how ticklish I am . If it was like any other day I would have started fighting with her and eventually overpower her small body but today is different.
"Ivy! Wo ai ni!" I wrapped her in a tight suffocating hug. "You're the bestest friend in the whole friggin world dummy." I hugged her more tightly.
"Heya.. do u want your birthday to be my deathday? You're crushing me , Essie!" She said loudly and started patting my back violently.
"Yah..yah..sorry I forgot, teddy bears should be carefully handled." I let go of her. Though the happiness I feel right now can't be expressed through this hug.
"Did u just called me fat by saying so?" She raised her eyebrows in a way that made me laugh.
"What goes on in that brain all the time? Get the literal meaning..Teddies are cute, isn't it?" I squeezed her puffy cheeks as she rolled her eyes. We are of same age but she's basically a baby. "I'm trying to have a diet though-" I sat down and munched in a waffle and that melted in my mouth sending me in heaven.
"But as other says If u stressed eat desserts"
"Are u stressed?" Ivy sat down beside me filling her and my plate with pancakes.
"No but who has the nerve to say no the desserts." I laughed out loud and she joined in.

The rain stopped sometimes ago. The glass windows , covered with raindrops not allowing us to see the cityscape properly. I went to my studio room at the end of the hall. This small room, stuffed with lots of unfinished canvases, papers and all the mess is my place to hide, my own little world.
I rose the long black curtains from the window and the daylight , like a little kid rushed into the room. I closed my eyes for this sudden light attack.