Chapter twenty six

Don't give up, let's aim
for a shining tomorrow

♫︎ Playing
"The stars"
BTS

_____________________________

Third Person POV

Hoseok showed Jungkook a thumbs up along with a bright smile. He followed Yoongi out of the door.

Everyone winded up and left except Taehyung and Minho who were discussing something about the exhibition theme.

Jungkook held his sheet with both hands, standing near the entrance of the art club. A wave of uncertainty went through him.

I'm just asking for some guidance so
why do I feel so nervous? Jeez.

Jungkook waited for them to finish their conversation. He looked around, wondering who would clean the mess everyone made.

"This is too much for me. I think I'll start working on it after the fashion week." Minho sighed, picking up his bag. Everything stressed him out to the core.

"You can select a theme right now. It'll be easy for you later. I'll be here if you ever need any help." Taehyung put his things in the art locker, shutting it.

Minho paused, blankly staring at Taehyung for some moments before uttering a nonchalant reply, "Thanks."

Jungkook awkwardly waited for Taehyung to turn around so he could grab his attention. For a moment, he thought about running away but he couldn't give up.

Taehyung chatted with Minho for some minutes before the other bid him goodbye, giving a small nod to Jungkook and exiting the club room.

"Now, where did Jiminie put those reference materials?" Taehyung mumbled to himself, sticking his head inside the lower cupboard to find them.

Jungkook bit his lower lip, wondering if asking for a favor was okay out of club merge activity hours or not.

He lightly knocked on the door to grab Taehyung's attention. The blue-haired boy almost hit his head.

"Just a sec."

Taehyung got up, dusting his hands before looking up. He paused, a wave of shock went through him, heart skipping a beat.

Am I daydreaming? Why's he here-?

"Do- y-you need something?" He offered a bewildered smile to Jungkook, glancing here and there to see if the boy could want to meet someone else.

The empty club room confused him.

"I, uh, I was wondering if you could help me with today's task." Jungkook took a few steps forward, holding the sheet which had tons of faded erased marks.

"Me?" Taehyung pointed at himself.

"It's cool if you don't want to or if you're busy. I just- it's too difficult." Jungkook avoided eye contact, a tinge of frustration settling in him for being unable to do it well like everyone else.

"I'd love to help. Why wouldn't I want to?" Taehyung asked, gesturing for the ravenette to follow him to a small table at the back. He took a seat on the stool, gesturing Jungkook to sit on the other one.