All of This Over a Mailman

Spy didn't think he was gone too long, but as he pulled up and put the truck in park, he noticed Ms. Pauling's car. That wasn't too odd, he supposed...but what was odd was the stunning silence.

He stepped out, a small bag full of cigarettes from the convenience store in hand. He hated getting the cheaper stuff, but he couldn't find any of his tobacco sticks this morning and there was no way he was going to go a day without. This wasn't the first time a BLU Spy stole cigarette packages from him...though, the fact they found even the private stash was a bit alarming...

The more fishy things were smelling, the more Spy suspected something was indeed happening within the base...perhaps it was no spy which snagged the smokey sticks of addiction-

With the realization that not only could this be more, but he could have very well been played, he darted inside.

He left the door swung open behind him, and right when he was going to slam it closed, he paused. That wasn't very 'spy-like' of him, now was it? He had to keep his cool and investigate properly.

Not that he had much time for stealth as someone else was in the kitchen staring at him...in the usual unsettling way. "Why, Spy! So good to see you back-"

"Medic, what's going on here?" He asked with a little bit of a hiss.

Medic, clueless as he was, held up the rhubarb stick he once again had. "Well, I was going to keep it a surprise, but I think I can harness the poison of these leaves, suppress it into a fine serum mixed with a little bit of joint fluid and Sodium Hydroxide to create-"

"Not that!" Spy waved his hand and dismissed his grand ongoing scientific discovery. "What is going on in the base? Where is everybody?" He snapped.

"Oh." Medic said flatly, thinking maybe was finally interested in what he was up to. "I just got out my lab so I'm not actually sure. It is a bit odd that it's quiet..."

"You think?" Spy huffed with some irritation. It would have been nice to have more competent and observant people around here, but that was as good an answer as any that he could have expected.

"Heavy is in the other room though. He is sitting on the couch!" Medic added...which by the look on Spy's face, was more helpful than the doctor knew.

Spy gave a nod and with some crisp steps made it over to the other room to see Heavy on the couch with some sort of magazine in hand. He looked up at Spy. "Ah, you are back."

"I am." Spy confirmed verbally. "And pray tell where the rest of the members of this establishment are?" He asked in that tone. What was that tone? The same tone he used every time he was in the middle of an ongoing investigation.

And Heavy, unlike Medic, knew exactly what was going on. He opened his mouth as if to say something, but Medic popped back in. "Did you know Ms. Pauling's car is outside?" He asked.

Spy looked over to Medic...so he really was clueless. Raising a questioning brow to Heavy, he passed Medic's inquiry down as his own.

"Yes." Heavy answered honestly.
"And do you know where Ms. Pauling is?" Spy asked.
He was answered with a shrug as his gaze went back down to the magazine. "Can't say."

"Can't say...or won't say?" Spy interrogated, though it didn't last too long as the sound of something wooden and with extra weight on it slammed to the ground, breaking the still air in one of the back rooms of the base. Almost immediately, Spy changed course, snapping his spine right back into an upward position and paced to the source of the noise.

Medic's confusion was visible as he watched the exchange. He met Heavy's eyes for a minute at the same time Heavy sighed as though he hoped things were going a different way. With the silent passing of that information, Medic slowly stashed the rhubarb in his pocket and followed Spy.