~•23•~

A sweet reader of this book made a book cover for me. Yippee💃💃 Thanks sunkissedmuffin

I love the book cover. Gonna flaunt it☺😏❤

******

"Why? You are acting too strange. Explain yourself"

"You worry too much!"

"Can you just answer my question!"

"No, cupcake! Leave it as that. Let's go for a walk"

"Cuppp...what?" I gasped and missed a step. I was already about to fall down the stairs when Freddy gripped my waist placing me back on my feet.

"You okay, cupcake?"

Did Freddy just call me cupcake two times? Abeg ooooooooo! What is happening? I no get. Pesin should come explain for me. My life no balance like this.

   ~~~~~•♠•♠•♠•♠•~~~~~~

"Cupcake, are you okay?" Freddy asked again. This time, he swiftly swept me into his arms and carried me bridalstyle down the stairs.

"Why are you calling me Cupcake?" I whispered as he slowly dropped me down when we got to the last stair.

He cocked a brow. "It's just a  pet name na? Just like sugar, baby and those other ones I call you. Why such a reaction? You don't want me to call you Cupcake?"

"No! No...I mean...If you want to call me, ...um...You can but...um...Why are you calling me that?"

"Naomi baby, you worry too much! Let's go!" he said but there was a smirk on his face. I didn't know how to interpret that look so I found myself worried.

He started heading to the car park so I had to rush to him.

"Freddy, we are trekking not driving," I announced to him.

"Oh! You want to trek?"

"Yes!"

"With me?"

I batted my lashes. "Yes!"

"There is no way you are trekking with me looking like a deadman walking!" he laughed.

I pouted. "Why are you insulting me?"

He walked and stood at my front. His index finger caressed my jaw and he said, "Sorry baby!"

My heart couldn't take this. It was slamming my chest as if it wants to run away from my body. Freddy's touch and his sweet voice were driving everything about me crazy.

He took off the bonnet on my head and my braids came tumbling down. He dropped the bonnet on his car and began to pack my hair in a ponytail.

"Do you have a hair rubberband with you?"

"Nope! But you can use a braid to bond my hair!" I tried to demonstrate but he slapped my hand from my hair. I groaned and he chuckled.

He went behind me and after a few minutes my hair was styled in a ponytail with two braids at the front.

Freddy had a broad smile on his face as he examined his work. "You look beautiful!"

"Thanks!" I giggled.

"Let's go!"

"Wait! My bonnet!" I pointed at it. He quickly picked it from the top of his car, he opened his car door and threw it in.

"Can we go now?" he grumbled.

"Yes!" I batted my lashes and did a cute face.

He smirked and entwined our hands together.