THIRTY-ONE

"i can do it, chief. just give me a chance-"

"no, omega! i should have known that this would happen." yelled the chief angrily, staring at jin intently, the omega trying his best not to submit out of fear.

"i-i'm sorry, chief," whimpered the omega, his eyes tearing up as he clenched his fists, his head casted downwards.

the chief growled, slamming his fist onto the desk, startling the scared omega.

"how could you go and get pregnant!?" growled the chief, his eyes piercing the omega's soul, jin biting his lip while avoiding the chief's eyes.

"i-it was an accident-" whimpered the omega, the chief cutting him off when he grabbed the omega by his collar, jin letting out a gasp in shock.

"c-chief! stop!" screamed the omega in fear, tears falling from his eyes when the chief's grip tightened.

"you're a disgrace to all guards, kim seokjin." spat the chief, his black orbs staring at the omega in disgust, jin whimpering as he started to cry.

the chief let the omega go, the ravenette falling onto the ground, letting out a sharp gasp, continuing to cry.

the alpha rolled his eyes, walking out of the office, leaving the omega to cry softly as he held his still flat tummy.

"j-joonie...i need you."

"wake up! jeongguk-" whimpered a deep voice in the dark, taehyung's cheeks stained with tears as he kept checking for the alpha's pulse.

the ravenette omega cried softly, using all of his strength, trying his best to move the heavy alpha. after struggling for a few seconds, taehyung finally let jeongguk's head rest against the pillows.

"wake up..." whispered taehyung, cradling the alpha's head in his arms, keeping his trembling lips against jeongguk's forehead desperately.

as the omega kept sobbing, jeongguk's mark began to glow a deep shade of red, almost as if it were burning — the wound beginning to look almost painful.

taehyung felt his arm burn when it brushed against the mark, the omega gasping as he pulled back, his eyes going wide when he saw the mark begin to bleed once again.

the omega immediately panicked, placing his lips against the mark through instinct, but when his lips got burnt slightly, the boy gasping as he pulled away.

taehyung felt helpless, watching as jeongguk's blood stained the sheets, his heart rate picking up when he saw the alpha's chest heave.

taehyung gasped, immediately cupping the alpha's cheeks carefully, watching as jeongguk kept panting heavily, a painful scream ripping at his throat.

"taehyung!" yelled the alpha helplessly, his breathing ragged and his heart beating at an insane pace, his eyes snapping open as he felt an agonising pain wash over his entire body.

the alpha growled, crying out as his entire body felt like it was in fire, the pain evident on his face, taehyung's eyes wide in fear, the omega visibly panicking.

"jeongguk-" whimpered the omega, tears streaming down his face as he watched the alpha growl and cry, feeling helpless while he sat next to the crying alpha.

"t-taehyung! i-i-it hurts!" cried the alpha, his breath hitching while his back arched off the bed, his hands clutching the sheets before his vision whitened.

the alpha let out one last groan before his body went limp, jeongguk falling back onto the bed softly.

the prince's mark started to heal, the blood no longer dripping from the wound, the omega rushing to his side, out of breath and sweaty.

"please, please, please be okay. please...please..." cried taehyung softly, his eyes immediately landing on the alpha's healed mark, his glossy eyes trailing to jeongguk's face, noticing the soft breaths that escaped the alpha's lips.

the omega gasped softly, leaning closer, soon confirming that the alpha was breathing.

he was okay.

taehyung cried softly as he caressed jeongguk's hair, his eyes closed, holding onto jeongguk for his dear life.

the omega sat there, holding the now steadily breathing alpha in his arms, his eyes still closed as he mulled over everything that had just happened.

"i-i can hear your heartbeat. calm down, omega." groaned a deep, sultry voice, taehyung's ears perking up at this.

the omega jumped back every so slightly, his head snapping down only to find jeongguk lying there with a tired smile on his lips.

"hey, baby." whispered the alpha with a lazy smile, taehyung's eyes tearing up as he immediately jumped back on top of jeongguk, nuzzling his face into the alpha's neck.

jeongguk let out a satisfied sigh, feeling the mark on his neck throb, the sensation somewhat pleasurable to the alpha.

"you okay?" asked the alpha softly, taehyung pulling back with teary eyes, jeongguk brushing his curls out of his eyes lightly.

"are you?" whispered the omega, slowly calming down while he fisted jeongguk's pecs. the alpha smiled softly, nodding as he brought his hand up to tread his slender fingers through the omega's curly hair.

taehyung blushed, his eyes tearing up while he cupped the prince's cheek.

"you...can you h-hear me?"

there was a long silence after the omega's nervous whisper, jeongguk staring at him intently before diving in to capture the omega's swollen lips.

taehyung sighed softly, his lips moving along with the alpha's in sync, jeongguk taking his time to savour the taste of the omega's tongue against his.

soon enough, the prince pulled away, a string of saliva connecting their swollen lips.

the alpha huffed softly, staring up at taehyung in adoration before nodding his head quickly.

"yeah, i can hear you, princess.