Chapter Fourteen

~Third Persons POV~

The four Avengers were bickering.

They'd travelled in a cold English storm, with Peter, Tony and Bruce shoved in the three back seats. Steve had successfully argued that as he was the tallest he should have the front seat with the taxi driver, but he had regretted his decision.

The driver had just put out a cigarette as they climbed into the car, but the fumes lingered and he wasnt the most hygienic man he had ever met. He had slowly rolled the top of his window down an inch; any more and the rain would have been driven into his lap.

They were now stood around the corner from the Bed and Breakfast, where Amelie had last been sighted with the Winter Soldier. Each of them had an opinion on how to attack, but none of them were in agreement.

"I think me and Steve should go - I'm sorry Mister Stark but Amelie knows me, and Steve knows the er- Winter Soldier." Peter stammered as he wrapped his thin jacket around himself. Bruce hugged him into his side as they sheltered underneath a bus stop.

"You cannot protect yourself against an assassin like that kid." Tony stared at him, pleading them to see sense.

"Only I should go," Steve repeated himself, "I know him. And if he runs then you guys are out here."

Bruce sneezed, and the group turned to look at him. He had been invited last minute as he had created a drug strong enough to sedate the Winter Soldier if he didn't come willingly - which was to be expected. He looked at them now, and sighed. "How about we all go in. Me and Pete here will wait in the hall and you two big guys can step into the room."

The four men stared at each other, and eventually grumbled and began walking to the small building round the corner.

The receptionist was surprised when she saw the four soaked and grumpy men walk into the hall. She stood, ready to offer them a room or spare towel, but a man who looked like he could be famous when he wasn't that wet, stepped forward. "Amelie Parkers room?"

"Please, can I ask who you are sir?"

"Family." He wiped his hand down his face, almost spraying the water on the floor.

She smiled, a little tight lipped, and sat back down, "I'll ring upstairs."

***

The phone in the small bedroom was ringing a tinny, bleeping noise. Winter was quick to move to it, and lifted it silently to his ear. "Hi, Miss Parker has some visitors downstairs, would you like me to send them up?"

He slammed the phone down, and moved to the window. It was hammering down outside, the night time hours causing the lightning to flicker against the window. Amelie was asleep, but he gently tried to shake her awake.

He was her soulmate.

He could trust her.

They needed to escape.

***

Meanwhile, downstairs, Tony had seen the confused expression of the receptionist as she lowered the phone. "I'm sorry sir," she blinked and shook her head, "I think they may be asleep."

"Room number, now."

"Excuse me-?"

He let his iron suit envelop his hand, as Steve stepped forward to show his shield. "We need to get upstairs. Now."

***

Amelie was shaking her head at Winter. "Do you think it's HYDRA?"

Winter was throwing her damp clothes at her - she had fallen asleep in the dressing gown and she had attempted to clean the clothes she had been wearing at the base. "We need to leave."