Invasion

LAST WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

-

The central area of Shinganshina violently shook when two bolts of lightning struck the ground. The Squad happen to be in the vicinity when it happened. They were running as fast as they could as they headed for the jail cells.

Armin held on tightly to the two keys from earlier. Out of everyone, Mikasa was by far the fastest now that Eren wasn't there. She noticed the others lacking behind, she slowed down, and took the keys from Armin.

"Give me those." Mikasa said.

"Wait, Mikasa!" Jean said.

"There's no time to waste. Hurry." She ordered.

Everyone nodded and followed her. As she ran, Mikasa held the scarf close to her and took in its scent when a voice rung in her ear.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

Mikasa let out a sigh and focused. She ran for a while longer when she got to where she needed to be, Gabi and Falco's cell.

Gabi and Falco where just looking up as the earth shook when Mikasa arrived at their cell. They both looked at Mikasa. Normally Gabi would be combative and try to fight, but she's far calmer now.

Mikasa pulled out one of the keys and inserted one of them. The cell door opened and the two kids just looked confused yet scared.

"Please don't hurt us." Gabi said.

"Don't worry. I'm not here to hurt you. Come with me. I'll need your help." Mikasa said in her softest voice to make the kids feel at ease.

The others caught up with Mikasa then looked at Gabi and Falco who were now out of their jail cells.

"So, this was your plan, Armin?" Connie asked.

Armin just nodded a "yes" then looked at the two kids.

"Come with us. We have to fight." Armin said.

-

The Squad ran deeper underground to where the much highly secured jail cells where. 

"Can you fill us in more with this plan of yours, Armin?" Jean asked.

"We're going to take Eren down." Armin said.

"Huh? Did he tell you something we don't know of?" Jean questioned.

"Yes. He plans on obliterating the entire world and when I tried to reason with him, he you know."

The Squad's eyes widened with shock. That was not the answer they expected in the slightest.

"He plans on what?!" Connie asked.

"That bastard. He going to get it when I see him." Jean said aggravated.

"Wait, you gotta be joking right, Armin?" Sasha asked.

"No." Armin simply said seriously.

As they spoke, none of them realized that they made to their next destination. Mikasa was the only who was focused. She pulled out the other key and inserted it. This jail cell was Annie's. Annie looked dead which was just about right for someone who has been stuck in jail for 4 years now.

"So, it has begun?" Annie asked.

"Ms. Leonhardt?!" Gabi and Falco asked.

Annie looked down on the kids and her eyes widened with surprise. She remembers the two perfectly.