Paths

Eren and Zeke were transported to the Titan Realm. Zeke was chained to the ground and Eren was stood in front of him as he looked at the Coordinate's Nine Paths. The Paths resembled the shape of a tree and it glowed a bright light blue color.

"So, this is the Coordinate." Eren said.

"Yes..." Zeke said from behind him.

"I believe this is where the royal family who inherited the Founder came when they made use of its power."

Eren looked back at Zeke and saw the very noticeable differences to the Zeke in the real world. He had long white hair, not wearing a shirt, the obvious chains that held him to the ground, and the expression on his face. He looked depressed and empty.

"Zeke."

"Feels like I've been here for too long. I've been waiting for you to wake up so we could finally start the Rumbling. But it was worth it in the end. We succeeded... We gained the Founding Titan's power."

Eren looked back around the vast space that was the Titan Realm. It was vacant. Not a single tree, not a single animal, and the concept of time felt nonexistent. It was all just sand with the Coordinate in the center of it all.

"I thought Ymir the Creator would've been here. Was she just some old myth?" Eren questioned.

"She used to roam this plane over a century ago before she suddenly vanished. I don't know why or what caused it." Zeke explained.

"But...Wouldn't that mean that this plane would cease to exist?"

"That's what I though too...Maybe...Someone took her place as the Creator." Zeke stated.

"That would be the only explanation..." Eren said then looked up at the Nine Paths. There was then a silence that felt eternal. Eren then spoke with concern written over his voice.

"What about those chains? Can you move?"

"I'm glad you noticed them...Thank you for your concern...These chains hamper my freedom. In other words, they are the vow to renounce war...You're only allowed to move freely since you possess the Founding Titan's Powers...." Zeke stated then there was another long pause between the two.

"The time has come, Eren. Command the Founder and start the Rumbling. Save the world from Paradis. We must follow our euthanization plan and put an end to this Titan curse! " Zeke said as Eren walked away from him.

"To hell with that plan, Zeke. There's no way I'd do something like that.... I'm sorry, but...You know it has to happen...You want me to save the world, so I'll do what needs to be done...For their safety."

Zeke eyes widened with shock and looked down. He has been played all along but tried his best to convince Eren to his side.

"As long as Eldians exist, this hell will never end. This endless cycle of bloodshed will continue for the rest of eternity...Don't do this, Eren! Or at least tell me why!" Zeke shouted as the distance between him and Eren grew.

"Because....I was born into this world."

"I should've known...I wanted to believe that at least you understood...Is this all because of that brainwashing our father did?"

"This is no brainwashing...." Eren said. The pink in his eyes intensified and the chains on Zeke disappeared.

"Come...Let me show you the life our father lived." Eren said.

-

Eren and Zeke began to explore their father's memories. They started their journey to where it all first began. The day Eren was born.