Chapter 61

To say Julie was anxious was an understatement.

She usually got pre-show jitters, but none like this. She wasn't normally under a time limit that could spell death for her friends. Or a second death for them actually. The fact that Jay still hadn't arrived worried her too, but she just pushed that off as traffic problems. Luke, Reggie, and Alex could all teleport wherever they wanted to go and they still hadn't arrived. That was what really made the pre-show jitters worse.

"Hey Julie," Rob's voice came from the door as he knocked. "I've got your roadie."

"Come in," Julie called out, closing the tube of lip gloss she was using as the door opened and Rob and Flynn came into the room.

"Holograms are good to go boss," Flynn said with a knowing smile as she walked towards Julie.

"Best roadie ever," Julie says to Rob.

"I'll be back in a few minutes to walk you to the stage," Rob said before looking around. "Is your other bandmate not coming?"

"He's on his way," Julie said, reassuring Rob and trying to do the same for herself. "Thanks Rob."

Rob gave one last smile and nod before he turned and left the room, making sure to close the door behind him. Flynn looked over her shoulder as he left, making sure he was gone before she turned back to Julie and began fangirling.

"You see this backstage pass?" she asked, raising her pass that read 'VIP ALL ACCESS' in large black letters. "I had sushi with Brendon Urie!"

"Good for you," Julie said. "I threw up in the car on the way over here."

"And you still look amazing," Flynn complimented, making Julie chuckle. "I made friends with the tech crew. You're gonna love what we have planned."

Flynn then looked around the room with a sly sort of interest and Julie had a feeling she knew exactly what question was going to leave her mouth.

"The guys are here, right?" Flynn asked, making Julie's stomach drop and tie itself into a knot.

"I haven't seen them," Julie admitted, turning back to her mirror.

"Wait, you don't think they changed their mind and took Caleb's offer, do you?" Flynn asked and Julie stomach tied another knot.

"No," Julie stated with confidence. "No, that's the last thing that they wanted."

Julie was sure of that. But she couldn't help the worry that rushed through her. Not only were Luke, Reggie, and Alex missing in action, Jay was also no where to be seen.

Beside her, Flynn sighed and Julie could see her pull out her phone in the mirror. She couldn't see who was being called, but whoever it was didn't pick up and Flynn let out a frustrated sigh.

"Honestly, where is he?" Flynn mumbled to herself, though Julie could hear it loud and clear. Flynn quickly gathered herself together and gently put her hands on Julie's shoulders, both girls looking into the mirror.

"You are going to kill it tonight," Flynn said with a genuine smile. "We should get some snacks."

Julie smiled at the thought of snacks and the knots that her stomach had formed slowly started to unwind themselves.

She should have known that it was too soon.

The moment that Flynn had opened the door and both girls stepped out of the room, they turned their heads to see two people who had their faces obsurced from the dim lighting of the hallway. The way their silhouettes moved made it look like someone was trying to help their drunk friend to the car, but as they stepped into the light, Flynn and Julie got a clearer look of their faces.