The Characters and Background

These are the characters of the book

Main Characters

 1.       Chadford Ramón Thomas

July 31, 1998 (17)

Born into a wealthy family of billionaires. His family owns food establishments, electronic corporations, record label, C&C production studios. He is abused physically, emotionally, and territorially by his stepfamily having all his assets taken from him. Best friend to Bradley Morris. He has been in love with Jazmine Taylor since the 3rd grade. He has a long lost half brother in Chase Emmet Hall son of his unknown stepdad Johnathan Anthony Hall. He takes after his father Charley Jermaine Thomas who was an entertainer (singer, dancer, actor) in that way and his mom Charlotte Emily Taylor-Thomas-Harris as a very kindhearted soul. 

2.       Bradley Timothy Morris

July 30, 1997 (18)

Born into a wealthy family of billionaires. He was left all inheritance (10b, 57 cars, 900 homes, and a clothing empire (Morris Swagg)). His parents died when he was 14 (luckily his parents signed a lease saying he can stay on his own) He basically raised himself and yet becoming a physical part of the Thomas family (though not legally) he became a big brother figure to his best friend Chad. He has no family relatives to rely on and ever-since Mr. and Mrs. Thomas died he only has Chad but Chad also relies on him. He has a crush on Zoey and is constantly hitting on her. He eventually gets her to date him. He and Jazmine are also good friends. Brad can sing, dance, and act. Even though of his economical and social classes he is a down to earth, ghetto, and a real sweetheart.

3.       Jazmine Nicole Taylor

May 21, 1997 (18)

Born into a wealthy family of billionaires. She left all that behind at the age of 15 and started from scratch because her family would try to use it against her. She left school the following year because she had got a record deal (though she had her worked shipped to wherever she was). She in her own right is a multi-millionaire. She is a professional singer-songwriter and Broadway actress. She kind of likes Chad but is uncertain if he feels the same way. Her best friend, assistant, and manger is Zoey Smith. She also is good friends with Brad. She is a down to earth sweetheart, and believes you treat others well, good will come unto you.

4.       Zoey Marie Smith

June 1, 1997 (18)

Born into a middle class family. She is assistant and best friend to Jazmine Taylor after Jazmine picks her up from a stop in Oakland California. She becomes friends with Chad and eventually accepts Brad as her boyfriend. She can sing and is an amazing dancer. She is a feisty, says-what-on-her-mind type of girl. She is a nice girl at heart.

 Supporting Characters

 5.       Maurice Landon Harris

April 5, 1976 (38)

Born into an upper middle class family. He was picked up by C&C PRODUCTIONS to be there bodyguard serving for 10. He became jealous of Charley so when he was killed he capitalized and married Charlotte after 2yrs of buttering up and being there for her. He then put up a front in front of Char in order to fool her and beat on Chad just because Chad was entitled to take over the C&C Empire (become the Thomas Empire later on) when his parents die. Maurice cheated on Char with Jennifer Mathews for the last 3yrs of their marriage. He would go on to marry his mistress after the incident of wife Char’s death. It is revealed the he also had 2 children with this woman 18 yrs ago. He would bring his family into the household and kick Chad out in shy of a year of Char’s death. He would later get his tail whipped by Tremaine Martin

6.       Drew Michael Harris

May 1, 1998 (16)

2nd Child of Maurice and Jennifer. He is an aspiring singer and dancer. He was brought into the Thomas’s household and given Chad’s room. He is Chad’s stepbrother but nicer to him than the rest of his family. He is jealous of the bond between Chad and Brad and took it as far as getting in the face of Brad and getting the shit knocked out of him. He loves videogames and usually uses that to bond with Chad.

7.       Peyton Michelle Harris

June 26, 1993 (21)

1st Child of Maurice and Jennifer. She is a laid back cool chick who gets whatever she wants by any means necessary. She was brought into the household of the Thomas’s taking Char’s guest room. He is Chad’s stepsister and is the meanest of all her family. She does whatever she wants and gets away with it until she tries Zoey and gets her tail whipped.  She loves music and uses that to pick at Chad

8.       Jennifer Regina Mathews-Harris

January 4, 1975 (39)

Mistress/Wife of Maurice Harris. She sings. She would gone to take over the as Manager of C&C. She is Chad’s Stepmom. She bullies him and later resort to sexually assaulting him. She would later get her tail kicked by Zoey Smith.

9.       Chase Joeseph Martin

April 21, 1993 (21)

He is the son of Charlotte Thomas and Tremaine Martin. He is Chad’s half brother who he does not know. He’s a widely know rapper despite his father’s ability to do both (rap and sing). He finally meets Chad at his high school when he is asked to say a couple of words of inspiration to the class. They talk afterwards and realize that they are related. He (and Brad) eventually ends up beating up guys at school that picks on Chad after Chad coming home bloody and arms broken (later realized that Maurice set it up.) He (along with Brad and eventually Drew goes after Maurice) only to be stopped by Chad.

10.   Tremaine James Martin

November 28, 1972 (41 going on 42)

Born into an upper middle class family. He is a singer-songwriter, actor, and rapper that was picked up by Char before she got with Charley. Trey was her personal bodyguard and boyfriend. He is the stepdad of Chadford and father of their son Chase Martin. They broke up do to timing and commute. He is a down to earth man, who fights for what is right and protect them closest to him. He takes to Chad and Brad as a father figure and eventually invites Drew in also.

 Base/Minority Characters

 11.   Charlotte Emily Taylor-Thomas-Harris

October 25, 1974 (40)

She was born into a lower middle class family. She at age 15 was discovered for her dancing and singing. She then at age 21 branched out and made her own label and production studios named Ms Taylor Productions. Later teamed up with Charlie and created C&C Productions. They together would go on to build and own food establishments, electronic corporations, and a record label for Chad. She is mother of 2 Chase and Chad from Tremaine (Chase) and Charlie (Chad). She married twice her 1st marriage was 20 yrs with Charlie and her 2nd marriage was 4yrs with Maurice. She is a nice outgoing person who will slit your throat if you get wrong. She didn’t know anything that happened between Maurice and Chad.

12.   Charlie Jermaine Thomas

October 14, 1970 (44)

He was born into a lower middle class family. He at age 13 was discovered for his singing and later on signed for his phenomenal dancing as well. He branched out at age 18 building his own studio and record label. He met Char (15) at age 19. He became in love with her but she had a boyfriend and plus he was too old. He waited and then proposed to her immediacy after their breakup and then combined their assets and made C&C Productions. . They together would go on to build and own food establishments, electronic corporations, and a record label for Chad. He is father of Chad and stepdad of Chase.