Chapter Six

Lori slowly woke up from the restless night that she had before...who was she kidding, she always had restless nights. Starting when she was sent to jail for her part in the bad luck incident scandal. It was the moment that changed her life and the rest of their family's lives forever. A moment that ended her dreams right before they started to come true...and she's ashamed to admit that a small part of her still blamed Lincoln back then.

Blaming him for ruining her relationship with Bobby. 

Blaming him for ending all of her friendships.

Blaming him for destroying her chances of getting into Fairway.

It wasn't until she spent time in prison that she saw that there was no one to blame, but...herself. She always had him do things for her which included trying to set him up with Ronnie Anne. A girl who hates her guts for what she's done...in fact, the rest of her family hates her. To make it worse, she saw pictures of Carol with her boy..no, ex boyfriend. They were married and were expecting. It hurt and she knew that she still loved him. But..it's too late for her to win him back. 

Shaking her head, Lori started to get ready for the day. She had to work dead end jobs to support the family along with the rest of the older siblings and parents. Jobs that included...being insulted, mocked or given less than they truly deserve. She hated it and she knew that the others did as well. However what other choice did they have? If they complained then they would get fired and getting another job was almost impossible. 

She can only imagine how bad it is for her younger siblings who were stuck in school. They were getting bullied and mocked...something that almost crushed her heart. If they were smarter then none of this would be happening...and Lincoln and Lily would still be here. Which is why she was eager for a chance of redemption. But....

She couldn't stop thinking about the possibility that this game is just a hoax. A hoax made by some of the vocal haters of her family. Sighing....she carefully started to head to the living room to get some quick breakfast before heading off. This was going to be a hard couple of weeks, but...if there was even a chance of finding and getting forgiveness from Lincoln then she would do anything. Even if that meant destroying her reputation more in Royal Woods to do it.

At the same time, Black Hat was tapping his fingers against the living room table and wondering how he would gain the attention of his son's friends. Don't get him wrong...friendship was never something that he longed or wished to have, but these friends were important to his son. It was understandable since his family and his peers didn't really treat him like they should've. 

But more about that later...he needed to distract his son from learning about his plans. Maybe asking him to do some work somewhere with Demencia so she wouldn't spill the beans. He could also upgrade their base since he was sure that children would be in picture soon. 

"Good Morning Dad." Lincoln said as he entered the room snapping Black Hat out of his thoughts. 

"Good Morning Son. How did you sleep?" Black Hat asked.

"I slept great." Lincoln said with a small smile before he started to eat. Black Hat knew that there was more going on with him, but he didn't want to push. Pushing would just make him hide it more...something that started when he was still living with his former family the Louds.

"So did your sister get adopted?" Black Hat said trying to change the subject.

"Yes. Strangely enough....she was adopted by someone named Carlota Casagrande." Lincoln said.

"You don't say..." Black Hat said knowing that Carlota was related to his best friend, Ronnie Anne. He could think about it more, but he had to make some plans...evil never rests you know. 

Besides his son will thank him for what he's going to do...eventually.

Author Notes:

How was the chapter?

Any suggestions?

Bye 👋