Chapter 1: "Seven Coloured Penguin"

A/N: Been a while since I updated this, but after one random burst of motivation later, the new chapter is here! I had fun making this one because I watched the anime alongside with it, which is always a plus, anyways, enjoy the chapter I guess.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Y/N's POV

I was still standing here like an idiot, the moment I realized that the fireworks show was already over, as people started leaving the view spots and headed downstairs to go back to their respective homes.

'I guess I was a little late, just a bit...' I said to myself sarcastically as I barely enjoyed the show because of my tardiness, oh well, nothing to blame 'cept for myself for that one, I was the one stuck in my room playing that game, not the fireworks show.

'At least I still saw it, even if just a bit.' I said as I made a small smile, this day wasn't so bad, it was relatively tame and I even got my biggest lead of her, so I guess it wasn't a complete loss.

That being said, I got lost in my thoughts again and began moving my body to go back home, I was in the way of most people going home so I had to move fast.

As I was climbing down the stairs, I saw a cake shop in the vicinity, curiosity filled my brain as I was now detouring for something sweet. Will it ruin my appetite for dinner? Probably but I live alone for the time being, so I should enjoy this new freedom for now, it has major upsides and downsides, but who can say no to ruining your wallet and diet for something so delicious yet so unhealthy? Not me, that's for sure.

After walking down the treacherous amounts of stairs for my own liking, I entered the said shop after a while, as I simply ordered from the kiosk near the entrance, I looked at the prices, and honestly, I thought they would be more expensive.

I decided on a simple caramel cake, of course a small one as my budget couldn't afford the bigger ones, and I would be tired of it anyway after the 1st bite, so no need to waste food like that as I paid for it cashless, you barely see stores that accept coins and cash physically nowadays, so of course I got one myself as well.

I waited for a bit as I kept myself entertained by fidgeting my hands a bit. I had nothing better to do, as the only sound that kept playing in the background was a generic happy and outgoing tune.

It doesn't take a while for a robot or some sort to come out with my order, as I just grabbed the paper bag containing the cake and went outside the store, as I already paid for it, there's no reason to be here anymore.

The moment I stepped outside, I immediately went straight home, nothing much I can do anyways, besides tomorrow starts my new school life at Minamigaoka High School, so I have to make a good impression on my first day, the last thing I want is to be late on the first day of school like in my middle school days.

The teacher scolded me and my best friend that day, well used to be my best friend anyway, I hope he's happy with her.

'God what a mess that was...' I thought to myself as I painfully laughed at the memories of those days, that was when the social suicide incidents occurred as well, yet beneath those, there were fun moments in that time period as well.

"I took things for granted I suppose, perhaps even now..." I sighed out loud and gripped the paper bag tighter, shaking off my thoughts, as I set my priorities to head straight home.

...

...

...

"I'm home" I said out loud to no one, as I took off my shoes and socks, and put the paper bag in question in the dining table, that I barely even use, unless if my aunt comes over on occasions, she's technically the owner of this house, let's just say, I'm keeping watch over the house for now, yeah, that's what it is.