Yoshiro Tsushima

"Hey! Watch where your going!" A man yelled as he pushed the little boy to the ground.

The boy gritted his teeth, enduring the pain as he pushed himself to stand up. He looked up and looked at the man, his magenta eyes showing anger.

"Tch! What a dirty creature!" The man scowled before resuming his errand. The bluette glanced at the man one last time before walking back towards his home, the Orphanage.

"Yoshiro-kun, why are so late zura?" A little brunette girl stood in front of the door, arms on her waist as she looked at him sternly.

"It's none of your business, Zuramaru." He answered nonchalantly, passing by his friend as he entered the orphanage. The brunette only pouted before following the boy.

Despite his small frame, this seven year old boy can be arrogant sometimes. With distinct dark-blue hair and shining pair of magenta eyes, Yoshiro is known to be a devil's son. People looked at him with disdain because of her magical powers.

In this world, there are four main elements: fire, water, earth and wind. And from this four elements, the other elements branch out such as ice, different kinds of flames, gravity and lightning magic. But the elements that stood among this magic are the ability to wield light and dark. These two elements are rarely possessed. The light magic is said to be use for good while the dark is meant to be evil. This belief started the discrimination against dark magic wielder.

But for Yoshiro, he scoffed at the words of those close-minded people. This little boy believed that this magic that he posses can be used also to protect others.

"Hey Yoshiro! Seeing your face here ruined my mood! Go and sit in another table!" an older boy shouted as soon as he saw the bluette sat at the chair across from him.

"And who are you to order me around?" Yoshiro replied as he glared at him. The boy clenched his fist as he grabbed Yoshiro's collar. He raised his fist and punch his cheek. "You should know your place here, freak!"  

Feeling the stinging pain on his cheek, Yoshiro turned his head as he grabbed the boy's hand. He easily freed himself from the grip, before punching the older boy on his stomach. Because of the overwhelming force he possesses, the boy flew across the room. 

"He- He's a devil!" the other children exclaimed as they watched the scene. Yoshiro panted hard before he realized what he has done. Without thinking, he rushed outside and ran away. 

"Yoshiro-kun! Wait, Yoshiro-kun!" Hanamaru desperately yelled to her fleeing friend. Yoshiro didn't hear her as he ran with all his might without  looking back.

"Freak!" Yoshiro closed his eyes as he stopped his tears from falling.

"Dirty creature!" He run aimlessly as he felt the hateful stare of the people around him.

"Devil's child!" Yoshiro  felt his head and butt ache as he stumbled to the ground after hitting something hard. Yoshiro hastily wiped his tears before opening his eyes.

"Hey kid, are you alone?" A suspicious man asked as he helped Yoshiro stand up. Yoshiro slapped the man's hand as he walked passed him. However, he was stopped by a hard gripped on his skinny arm.

"Let go!" Yoshiro yelled. The man only smiled at him before something hit him hard on the neck.

"You'll be a valuable product for us." Yoshiro heard  the man's voice before he completely blacked out.

____________________________

Groaning, Yoshiro tried to sit up despite the tight rope on his hands and legs that restrained him from moving. It's been an hour since he woke up on this dim lit room. He found himself with the other children having the same condition as he is. 

"Umm...." Yoshiro heard a small voice beside him. He turned around to see a girl, slightly older than him with red-wine hair.

"What is it?" Yoshiro spoke softly, afraid that he might scared this girl.

"Do you know where are we?" She asked innocently. Yoshiro pursed his lips, unsure on what to say.

Taking a deep breath, Yoshiro spoke calmly, "Please don't panic on what I'm going to tell you but I think we're kidnapped."

The girl's golden eyes glisten with tears from Yoshiro's reply. He was about to comfort the girl when suddenly, the door to the room opened.

"Well, well, it looks like most of this brats are finally awake." A bald man spoke as he entered the room. The children were scared as the man eyed them carefully. He smiled at their scared expression before he caught a glimpse of  a pair of magenta colored eyes, glaring at him.

"Hmm? What are you glaring at brat?!" the man yelled, threatening him with a dagger. Unknown to him, Yoshiro freed himself from his restraint using his magic. As soon as the man reached out to him, Yoshiro swiftly ducked and punched him straight in the gut. The man howled in pain before collapsing on his small arms.

"Let's get out of here!" Yoshiro exclaimed as he quickly untie the other kids. 

"Hey! What's going on here?!" Three men entered the room after hearing loud screams inside the room.

Yoshiro hurriedly faced the men as he lounged towards the nearest man. Unfortunately, the man caught him by the neck and slam him on the ground.

"Are you trying to escape this place, brat?" the man spoke coldly. Yoshiro didn't answer as he tried to free himself. "What a stubborn brat. Let's see if you can maintain that glare of your after this." The man raised her other arm and punched him on the stomach. Yoshiro's breath hitched from the pain before receiving a kick on his side. The ruthless man stepped on his head as he raised his flame covered hand.

"I'll burn that pretty face of yours- *thud*

Yoshiro felt the man's body collapsed beside him as he slowly raised his aching head. Some people with their body clad in armor entered the room, arresting the bad guys and helping the helpless children. Yoshiro stared blankly at the scene before another man approached him. Yoshiro hurriedly stood his ground, ready to fight another opponent. However, he felt his legs gave out as he stumbled forward. 

"Woah! Easy there, little guy." this new man spoke softly as he catch his falling body. Yoshiro's eyes widened before pushing the man. Although he looked surprised, the man smiled at Yoshiro. "I'm not an enemy, I'm the commander of the Royal knights. My name is Hiroki Tsushima. What's your name?"

Yoshiro gave him a wary glance before he answered hesitantly. "Y-Yoshiro..."

"Then, Yoshiro. What's your last name? We're going to take you back home." At that statement, Yoshiro lowered his head. 

"I don't have a last name. I don't have any family. I don't want to go back to the orphanage."

Hiroki looked at Yoshiro worriedly. "You don't wan to go back? Why?"

"T-They say I'm a freak! Everyone hates me!! Everyone hates my magic!!!" Yoshiro began yelling as he's magic became unstable. Dark aura began to leaked from his body.

Yoshiro kept his eyes tightly shut, waiting for another rejection. However, instead of another hateful words, he felt his frail body enveloped in a warm and strong embrace. "I do not hate you. And I do not hate your magic. In fact, you are special than any other children in your age."

Hearing those comforting words, Yoshiro slowly calmed down. "You do not hate me?" The commander smiled at him, "I don't. Say Yoshiro, if you don't want to return to the orphanage, how about you come along with me?" 

Yoshiro was hesitant at the man's offer. He didn't want to experience the same thing again. He didn't want to be discriminated again. But oddly, he felt the truthfulness in the commander's words. That's why so slowly, Yoshiro accepted his outstretched hand.  

"Thank you for believing in me. Let's go back to your new home." Hiroki gently held his frail body in his arm as he brought the child home. 

"From now on you'll be Yoshiro Tsushima."

To be continued...