Chapter 16: U.A infiltrated?

That night, Izuku went to sleep with the biggest smile on his face and only one thing on his mind. He was their hero. 

—————

When Izuku woke up, he realized that Eraser had not given him his laptop and he's already missed three days' worth of class. He can't afford to miss another so he runs to the cafe after getting dressed and eating a scrambled egg. It was burned but he was making progress because the egg wasn't completely black.

He wasn't really in the mood for an egg today but he supposed it would help regain his strength and he wouldn't have to worry about fainting when he went out as Kobi tonight. It had been enough of a break so he was going tonight no matter what. He also had this newfound motivation to do better. Not that he didn't before but…now he was recognized. People believed he could. That was more than what Izuku could ask for. 

The only thing stopping him from revealing his identity and taking the provisional license exam to become a hero was that he knew not everyone supported the quirkless. Izuku knew he was being selfish. He knew that if he were to become the first quirkless hero, he would inspire many others like him. But he couldn't. He didn't want to be reminded of those days where he was insulted and beaten down because of something he couldn't control. 

He did not want to go back to being Deku. He's Yorokobi now. He had a new goal. He was a new person. And he didn't want to go back and face the discrimination. It was pretty cowardly of him, Izuku admits but in all truth, who would want to take that road when there's no real victory at the end of it? Discrimination wasn't going to die down. People would always be there to mess with him. There would be no end to it. 

Izuku doesn't think he would be able to handle it all either. He might even get targeted and killed because he's quirkless. He doesn't want to bring attention to himself because he knows he would be helpless against some guy with a powerful quirk who just happened to have authority and a grudge against quirkless people.  

Izuku just wanted to live a normal life for once. And he supposed that this was about as normal as it would get for him so he doesn't want to risk this. 

Izuku walks into Depresso Espresso, searching for the pro hero who was nowhere to be found. Why is he not here when Izuku actually needs him? Oh wait, he's probably at U.A. 

Just as Izuku was about to walk out, Yui called out to him, "Izuku-kun! Could you come over here for a second?"

Izuku turns around and walks up to her, "Hey! What's up?" 

Yui bends down and grabs something from behind the counter. 

"This is yours, right?" Yui shows him his laptop. 

"Woah, I thought Eraserhead had it?" Izuku asks, taking the laptop. 

"Ah, he visited again last night to drop this off actually." 

"He did..?" 

"Yup! Want some coffee before you head out?" 

"I've taken too many free items from you so no thanks, Yui."

"It's no biggie, Izuku-kun! You saved my life, it's the least I could do." Yui insisted, filling up a cup and shoving it into his free hand. 

"Ah-" Izuku opens his mouth to refuse but Yui interrupts. 

"You can't change my mind so just take it and have a nice day!" She waves to him. 

"Thank you." Izuku smiles. Yui smiled back.