Infatuation

James Potter was in love.
That much he knew.
I mean what else could these emotions his been feeling mean. He always knew he wanted a fairy tale love story, that of his parents. So he waited for the day where he would meet the one meant for him. His soulmate. Now James was many things but stupid was not one of those things, naive maybe but definitely not stupid. He was also a stubborn person, to a fault. Growing up as an only child has its affects and his was getting what he wanted. If James Fleamont Potter wanted something he sure as hell was gonna get it. So when his eyes first landed on the enigma that was Narcissa Black, he knew he had to have her. Not only had heard her name circulating around the pure-blood community in Europe for years as a child prodigy or being named a blessing to the Black family, he had seen her act of bravery for her cousin. Her selflessness knowing that it would be hard in such a house that goes against everything her blood supremacist family cared oh so much about, but she did it for Sirius. His newly found best friend and her cousin. She was willing to face severe backlash for family, and if that hadn't caught his attention her stunning looks had. She was perfect. As he watched her through out dinner barely touching his food he had noticed so many things about her in such little time. I mean damn he had barely even talked to her before. She was everything he had ever wanted in his future wife that much he knew. She was brave a true Gryffindor, confident she strutted everywhere she went with unwavering confidence, she was beautiful so beautiful in fact he had come to the conclusion he wouldn't be the only one fighting for her hand, and she was kind. He watched how she interacted with others, nearly shocking everyone when she had shown a liking towards a muggle-born girl with red hair and piercing green eyes. Not that James noticed he was to busy thinking up names for him and Narcissa's kids and future grandkids to care. If he played his cards right he would be looking at the next Mrs Potter. Perfect. He couldn't wish for more. That was the day James Potter swore that Narcissa Black would be his no matter how long it might take, I mean in the end it would be worth it. As dinner was over all the first years were taken back to the common rooms each assigned a dorm. James got partnered with Sirius a boy named Remus Lupin and a kid named Peter Pettigrew. As they spent the night chatting away James couldn't help himself. 'So Sirius, I don't know how to break it to you lightly mate, but I'minlovewithyourcousin.' James spluttered out fastly, much to the amusement and confusion to others. 'Mate what?' Sirius replied with a restrained chuckle. James took a big intake of breathe before steadily replying ' I James Potter am in love with the wonderful, beautiful, amazing Narcissa Black. My shooting star.' James replied eyes dazed with infatuation. Sirius just stared. Before tackling James to the floor. Yes James was his best mate, but this was his cousin he was talking about. The one that practically raised him and Regulus along side her sisters. The one that scared the Black family adults just so they were safe. The one who sacrificed everything for him by coming to Gryffindor in the name of family, knowing damn well that the consequences could be severe. He would be damned before he let someone near her, after all boys break hearts. He should know, his a boy after all.  'OWW GET OFF ME SIRIUS' yelped a pained James Potter. As Sirius slowly made his way off with a smug face he turned to James. 'You were saying'. James replied puffed out and red 'I love Narcissa Black, I'm just telling you for a heads up because I plan to marry my shooting star even if it's the last thing I do!'. Sirius pondered. James was offering a promising future for his favourite cousin. Also he was a wealthy pure-blood and if Narcissa was going to be forced into marriage with a wealthy pure-blood than it would be better if it was him. He would treat Narcissa right. Very well, with a new mindset Sirius replied 'No.' 'Well lucky I didn't ask for your permission now isn't it?' Replied a stuck up James. 'You could have picked any girl in hogwarts and you picked my cousin to be infatuated with. No.' 'But don't you see Siri she isn't like other girls (A/N nOt LiKe OtHer GiRls). She's perfect, I've watched her at dinner and she just has this air about her. She treated everyone nicely no matter the blood status, she literally argued with the sorting hat just to come to Gryffindor so you wouldn't be alone. Accept it don't reject it Siri. We my friend are going to be something akin to brother-in-law's.' James practically screamed confidence and arrogance as of now. 'It's to late for this. I'm going to bed.' Replied a drained Sirius. After everyone went to bed there was only 2 people awake, surrounded by their thoughts. Narcissa Black making plans to stop the horrible future bound to come, and James Potter thinking about his shooting star, Narcissa Black.
————————————————————————
Narcissa woke with a start.
She was determined to make the best of today. As she got out of bed up and ready, she went down to the common room waiting for Lily and Sirius. As Lily came down, her new found best friend much to Narcissa's pleasure she questioned how she was awake so early. She simply responded "Well I had to get everything prepared for today, also Siri my cousin is very reckless when it comes to time so I thought I would wait for him." "Well wait for him in the great hall because I'm starving!!" Exclaimed a starving Lily Evans. Sighing Narcissa simply followed muttering things about children and not being able to do this with out her morning black tea with 3 sugars. As breakfast went on, James, Sirius, Peter and Remus came and sat down at the Gryffindor table. All looking something akin to horror. All except for James Potter her strutted in with a beaming smile on his face. As he was just about to sit next to an oblivious Narcissa Black who was tending to her schedule religiously, Sirius quickly sat right next to Narcissa gaining her attention much to James dismay knowing that could have been him. As he trudged all the way to the other side to sit across from Narcissa, she was conversing with Sirius babying him. She was fixing his collar, tie and hair while muttering under her breath about untidy boys and the male specie, much to the great amusement to everyone. Usually one would expect such actions from a mother to an embarrassed child, in this case it was a child the same age as the other. The said other child relishing in the fact he was being her centre of attention and being babied. It was well known between the Black cousin that Narcissa had taken role of what a mother should be. Everyone had to fight for her attention, which she always gave around easily. So this was golden time for Sirius. He was practically in heaven! As soon as she finished she handed Sirius his time table and her and Lily walked off to their first class of the day. Transfiguration. James being in a daze about how amazing she would be as a mother to preferably his children watched in awe as she walked off, only waking up to reality when he realised he had missed out on talking to her due to Sirius. Giving his new best friend an evil glare vowing for revenge only to receive a smug smile and a nonchalant shrug. This minor set back only made James more determined to get to know eventually marry way down the path Narcissa Black. The walking enigma.
(A/N Hey everyone I'm so sorry for not posting lately my mental health hasn't been the best and I had no energy to continue on. I had half of this done in draft, I decided that I should finish the rest with the little energy I had. TYSM for being patient!)